Talk me off the ledge!!!

jennb3
on 10/31/12 8:33 am - Canada

Surgery is a week from tomorrow...so I've been on Opti for two weeks...up until now, it hasn't been bad, not much hunger, very little temptation...but today....OMG...I am STARVING!  and not in my head, my stomach is screaming at me!

I don't know why...but I want to EAT!  I've had a litre of broth, tons of water and I'm on my 3rd Opti of the day...

Hubby has taken the kids trick or treating and I'm manning our doors...home...alone.....It's not the candy calling to me, but the frozen crappy pizza the kids had for dinner...I just want solids!!!

Tell me it's not ok to cheat!!

referral: fall 2010, orientation: march 2011, nut/psyc: fall 2011, nurse: jan 2012,   tests: march 2012, pre-surg class: Sept 2012, surgeon, Sept. 2012.  Surgery:  Nov 8, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 8:36 am - Straford, Canada

IT IS NOT OK TO CHEAT!  

GirlSassy
on 10/31/12 8:41 am - Kingston, Canada

I am on day 3, and I hear you, solids, anything to CHEW on! My teeth are tired of the vacation already, and it is only the beginning for me! Just say no, grab cold water! 

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 8:41 am - Straford, Canada

When you say your tummy is screaming it reminds me of a couple of days before my RNY, had been on Optifast for 3 weeks minus 2 days.  My tummy went flipping, so my daughter and I went to the Queensway Cinema to see a movie.  Now, my tummy was freaking out!  It was so loud that during the ads for new movies coming out the folks in front of us turned around and shushed us!  The movie started and my daughter and I couldn't stop laughing because my tummy was getting LOUDER and these people in front of us actually moved!  I felt bad cause I hate when people talk during a movie but I couldn't help it!

It will pass!  Let it pass!  

time2changeme
on 10/31/12 8:42 am

It's NOT okay to cheat!

You can do this, I remember feeling much the same after my 5th week of opti-fast and l had one more week to go, l think it was the longest of them all, l got so hungry!!  I didn't cheat but l feel your temptations!  Try to get  your mind on to something else, think about why you are doing this, and what your going to be able to do next year that you can't do right now.  

Take a deep breath, stay focused, you can do this! In the end you will be so thankful you did,

I have faith in you, you can do this :-)

KristieA
on 10/31/12 9:18 am - Orillia, Canada
Step away from the ledge. Hang in there. Think about how great things will be six months from now.

You can do this!

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Onward and
Downward

on 10/31/12 9:29 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

It's not okay to eat anything other than your Optifast! 

We're at almost exactly the same point in the process, and I you don't want to mess it up just for some temporary relief!  You will regret it and feel like crap about it for days afterwards if you do it.  Not worth it!  It's only a week before surgery - it's one thing to mess up at the beginning of Opti when you have more time to make up for it, but to do it now?  You don't want to do that.

Glad you posted here instead of eating - shows that you have the willpower to come here and ask for help instead of hiding away and scarfing down the food you're dying to have.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but one thing I've found curbs the hunger to some degree is tea.  I know, silly, right?  But green tea, or chai tea actually soothes the hunger pains!

It's almost 8 p.m. so maybe you could have your 4th opti a little early (I usually have my 4th one around 8) and then go to bed a bit earlier than usual tonight (right after hubby and the kids come home from trick-or-treating). 

You can do this!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

sam1am
on 10/31/12 9:34 am

It's really tough but really worth it!  Keep picturing in your minds eye, what you hope to get out of this surgery and keep your eye on the prize!

All the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

dna
on 10/31/12 10:10 am - Canada

At your stage sugar free gum and I got married.  We spent ALOT of time together.  Minty, fruity, bubblegummy.  Whichever :)

You CAN do this !  Step away from the candy !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Aca-Verity
on 10/31/12 10:33 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

It's NOT OK to cheat.....when I felt like that, I "chewed" on a popscicle....it was GOOD!

Verity

Most Active
Recent Topics