Hunger and PMS

slrm2m2
on 10/19/12 10:24 am - Canada
 I'm 9 months out from surgery and I"ve noticed that in the last two months I feel "hungry" around that time of the month.  Do others experience this or is it just likely head hunger?  
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

cutekatie
on 10/19/12 11:19 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Yep. Totally get that.

I actually keep track of my cycles on a chart along with how many calories that I consume each day.  I do notice my calorie count go up a few day before my period.  Just recently I have been craving chocolate which is so random.

I do consider it head hunger but I'm o.k with it because I know when it's going to hit.  If that makes sense.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

joanne_1970
on 10/19/12 12:04 pm - Harriston, Canada
I have had this from almost the beginning.  For about 3 days before my period I just want to eat nonstop its insane.  I have to be careful.

4-Jane
on 10/19/12 12:24 pm - Canada
 I am pre op and my two blood test have both shown low protein vit d and calcium.. I had a pharmacist tell me that women crave chocolate often because they have low levels of magnesium in there body.  So knowing that I wonder if your body is craving something.  Or is it possible that craving more food during your our moontime
 Respectfully Jane
4-Jane
on 10/19/12 12:31 pm - Canada
 Continued... Is just our bodies way of preparing for pregnancy..  As my body prepares for menopause it feels hungry more often as my cycle is no longer as regular any more I crave salty foods longer than for the week prior..  
 Respectfully Jane
msheavyhearted
on 10/19/12 1:31 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
There's been a few posts about this recently. Many of us, myself included, seem to be experiencing this.

I don't believe it's head hunger. Head hunger is wanting something just because or because you saw an ad or because you want to taste something sweet at the end of your meal, etc. The hunger I experience around my cycle is real hunger. What is head related are the cravings. For example, I'm hungrier and I tend to eat more - not much of an issue if it's just a few days a month. What concerns me more is that I crave unhealthy foods. My challenge is to satisfy my hunger without overindulging in the "food-nasties". I'm not always successful at denying the craving but I try to eat mindfully. Each month I'm worried that I'm destined to go back to my old ways but after 2 or 3 days the cravings subside and my appetite wanes. Just got to ride the hormonal wave, I guess....
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Mary A.
on 10/22/12 4:50 am

I think the body is a very fine tuned instrument and it needs what it needs...and I don't believe it's head hunger at all....

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics