keeping food warm

brockliebeans
on 9/29/12 10:26 am
ok , i know it takes awhile to eat our dinners now, but the only thing i dont like is that its cold during the last 1/2 of eating it.. other than throwing in the microwave how r we to keep it warm.. if anyon has come up with a good idea please share it.. i was very happy today to graduate to mashed fish and cauliflower and i seem to have tolerated it very well.. but did not like that is was cold.. :(
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/12 10:30 am - Guelph, Canada
 i started with a smaller portion... the size that i could eat before it got cold.. then i went back and got my second half.. this also kept me eating slow... then i got tired of doing that and i eat everything cold now..LOL.. we were out and about last week and i know wendys chili is a safe option for me.. i bought my chili at 4pm knowing full well i would not be hungry till about 5 but by then it was cold enough for me to eat... i know i am messed up
Karen M.
on 9/29/12 3:46 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Hooray for cold food!

And warm/room temp.

STILL.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/12 10:36 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
 Two ideas, an electric mug warmer,or use a magic bag warmed in the microwave.
gardeninggal
on 9/29/12 10:36 am - Midland, Canada
 Some have suggested using a thermos type container to keep your food warm.  

PaulaToronto
on 9/29/12 10:37 am - Toronto, Canada
I put boiling water in a small wide mouth thermos to warm it up and then when it was warm put my food in.  Between mouthfulls I would just lay the lid on top to keep it warm.  It worked well and now I have a small thermos to take chili, etc. out with me. You could also just warm your plate in the oven when you are cooking something in the oven for your meal.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

brockliebeans
on 9/29/12 11:31 am
thanks for taking the time and answering my question.. you have given me some good ideas:)
muchmore2
on 9/29/12 8:25 pm
YAY

Robin 

Taking Back MY Life

4-Jane
on 9/29/12 12:28 pm - Canada
 Many years ago they sold baby plates that you could put boiling water in the bottom plastic base and then the food sat in a separate sectioned of into 3 areas on the top.  Do they still sell those or anything like that....

Respectfully Jane
4-Jane
on 9/29/12 12:42 pm - Canada
I just did a search and they still do carry them pretty cool. I tried to make a link thing but I could not  but please look if you can 
 Respectfully Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics