22 months - 1 year

Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 6:16 am
I woke up on one perfect morning, 22 months ago! So determined to do this. Thank goodness I have mama's qualities which, one of them is "extreme stubborness"! (xox mama ahaha) I knew what I wanted and I got exactly what I asked for - gastric bypass, 1 year ago! Best decision I have ever made in my life!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

I travelled an amazing distance now that I reflect back. Oddly enough to some of you, I was never unhappy with my weight, my health condition or my looks.  Heck, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I was an absolute babe at 425lbs...lmao...an "extreme self-confidence" quality that my father passed on to me. However, I did understand where this path was taking me.  Weight and health is an awesome bonus but I know that, for me personally, my #1 reason for changing my lifestyle was to never have restrictions again, in every sense of the word when you are morbidly obese - I was done idling, I wanted to live!

The Support! Yes, I could have done this alone but man oh man I wouldn't have wanted to. The support I have had since day one is simply mind-blowing! I have the most incredible family and friend!  YOU, my e-friends from the OH forum, you have given me so much of your wisdom, so much inspiration, so much education - life changing! I will forever be addicted to all of you..lol...you are better then food!

Those who are starting this path - contemplating if it's the right decision, worried, hesitating, intimidated - whatever your fears, erase them forever because LIFE after WLS is a million times more WORTH then living before it!

I was born in 1971 in Témiscaming, QC but I was reborn in 2011 in Toronto, ON

À tantot,
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Karen M.
on 9/14/12 6:20 am, edited 9/13/12 11:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Oh my GOD Nathalie!! LOOK AT YOU!! I seriously just teared right up.

A HUGE congratulations to you, my friend. I am so incredibly proud for you and OF you. What a wonderful, inspiring success you are. Enjoy every moment.

XOXO

Edited to add: You change that avatar of yours RIGHT NOW! I choose the adorable tongue sticking out photo.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 6:27 am
You are going to make me cry too...lol...and I hope you do know that you are one of the main person I look up to on here.  You were my first inspiration when I got here and your personality stuck with me.  I swear one day I'll fly up there and have coffee with that support group of yours...lol

Thanks a million, xo

oh, and done deal, I will change my avi....lol

Karen M.
on 9/14/12 6:49 am - Mississauga, Canada
Well, great.  Thanks.  You just made me tear up again, damn you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 9/14/12 6:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Awesome post. You look amazing and sound like you feel amazing. I loved the balloon LOL.

Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 7:00 am
Thanks Pat.

You only have 31 to go..woot woot...do you find it hard"er" now that you are getting close?

Patm
on 9/14/12 7:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
It has slowed down. No more 30 lbs in a week. But in some ways it is easier because it is becoming the norm. Still some bad days but so happy with the energy. I get the whole re-birth thing. At 61 I feel like life no longer is passing me by and I am participating more.

gaiamist
on 9/15/12 4:07 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Hi Pat, I read these posts often but not so much just lately because I'm starting to feel this is never going to happen for me. Anyway, I just want to say thank you for posting and for the comment about being 61 and no longer feeling like life is passing you by. I'll be 61 next week and your comment may just give me something to hang on to.
Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
sosweet74
on 9/14/12 6:25 am - Tweed , Canada
 You look completely amazing you are such an inspiration    People like you give me belief I can do this thanks 

Cheri            
Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 7:01 am
You wear your name very well..lol..that was so sweet and you bet your ass you can do this.
Have a great weekend!

Most Active
Recent Topics