Wow 7 years ago today

Joyce J.
on 8/1/12 5:18 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi All

Well 7 years ago I had my RNY. Best decision of my life

Would I do it again??? IN A HEATBEAT.

I have lost 130 pounds. It has not always been easy and there are still tough times now even after 7 years.
At one point I had gained about 20 pounds, but since lost it.

I still have weight I would like to lose, but have never felt better(inside and out). I have more confidence and better self esteem and just feel happier.

I have a lot of arthritis in my body but exercise to the best of my ability, most of that is aqua fit 3 or 4 times a week.
I do the treadmill and use some machines as well to strengthen my arms and legs.

I have spent the last 4 days with my Niece's two kids 8 and 5 years old. WOW. We played frisbee . 7 years ago I would never have kept them for a week at this age. They have way too much energy............. LOL, but I am able to keep up (well at 52 I am able to mostly keep up LOL)

I still want to lose as I said before, but keeping off the 130 I have lost is most important to me.

I have a wonderful man in my life now. We have been together for almost 2 years. He is so supportive(and a great cook).

I stay on this board because I am still learning............... Yes, even after 7 years I am learning. I'm sharing too. I can tell you the things you should be doing for your weight loss journey and the things you shouldn't do...................... I have done many of them so I know LOL

I have met so many wonderful people from this site. Met many in person and have chatted with many more on line. This is a great place to be. I know some get a little crazy at times and there are some arguments on here, but for the most part everyone is supportive and encouraging

I really really really think everyone should join a support group/coffee group or some get together with other wls people. It has helped me immensly and I think I have helped others as well.

Things I have learned/experienced
1)Watch the emotional eating. It gets to most of us, try and find an outlet
   something that works for you.

2)Stay away from sugar, it truly is evil. I stayed away from sugar for the
   first year, wish I had never had that first bite

3)Don't drink with your meals and for a half hour after your meal. You
   will find this a big help to your weight loss.

4)Take your vitamins and other supplements

I'm sure I have missed things, but just be good to yourself. We are given one life and we need to make the best of it.
Since I have lost weight I see so many people abuse their bodies, either with food, alcohol or just not doing what their doctors tell them. It makes me sad.

I have made kind of deal with myself that this Aug I am getting myself back on track............ Starting next week when I return to work from vacation(not realistic for me to start this week)
I am going back to tracking with myfitnesspal, taking my vitamins religiously
Limiting my carbs will be a biggie for me. I am a carboholic..........

I will be trying to be conscientous about posting in the monday morning weigh in and the what are you eating/doing threads.

Have a great week end all.
Please feel free to message me anytime if I can be of help, my e-mail is [email protected], find me on Facebook to by this e-mail.

Thanks for reading.
Hugs to all

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Bonnie ABC
on 8/1/12 5:26 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
 I love you  Joyce :)

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Joyce J.
on 8/1/12 5:29 am - Scarborough, Canada
Awww you made my eyes water LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Bonnie ABC
on 8/1/12 6:35 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
 Cause I smell like a horse?   Well yes dear, I sure do :)

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Monica M.
on 8/1/12 5:41 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Joyce, you're a wonderful inspiration. Thank you for being you. For being honest with your strengths and weaknesses. You're a wonderful woman, and you deserve alllllll the health and happiness anyone ever did.

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/1/12 5:47 am
Wonderful post Joyce. 7 years is a lot to be proud of!  
Thank you for continuing to come to this board!

Brenda T.
on 8/1/12 6:17 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thank you for being her and for always sharing. Congratulations on your 7 years, you have done marvelous!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Btrue2u
on 8/1/12 6:22 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

heatherp
on 8/1/12 7:45 am - BROOKLIN, Canada
Congratulations Joyce!

PaulaToronto
on 8/1/12 7:59 am - Toronto, Canada
Congrats on your continued success.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics