update on my hospital visit

jhpby
on 6/12/12 12:46 pm - Oshawa, Canada
Hello, just thought I would give an update... Came to twh emerg around 730 this morning...spent way to many hours here...I ended up getting a CT scan and Dr Jackson thinks that I have an ulcer.

They decided to keep me over night and they will be doing a scope tomorrow...depending on how that goes depends on the next steps.

I am feeling much better now then I was earlier... I still have a fever and the runs which sucks.

I slept for about 4 hours and now I'm wide awake...I hope they give me more gravol/ morphine soon so I can go back to sleep.

I will post an update again tomorrow!
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

northernlight
on 6/12/12 1:07 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Aw, poor you!      So sorry to hear that you're in the hospital, but awfully glad that they seem to have determined what's wrong. You're definitely in great hands with Dr. Jackson - he has such a wonderful, caring, bedside manner - I was so happy that he did my VSG last month! Pretty easy on the eyes too - LOL!

Best of luck tomorrow with the scope & I hope that you can manage to get some restful sleep tonight. Don't be shy about asking for more Gravol & Morphine if you need something to help you.

Please keep us posted on what they find - sending positive thoughts out to you tonight!

Deb

PatXYZ
on 6/12/12 1:33 pm
Thank you for posting, I was worried about you!

This sucks, but I'm glad they think they know what it is and have a plan. An ulcer is treatable and you'll be feeling better soon. Get lots of rest and update us tomorrow once you know the results! If you're going to be in for a couple of days, let me know if I can bring you anything to the hospital, I'm not far away so send me a text anytime.

Ring for the nurse and then rest well!
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Marny B.
on 6/12/12 2:17 pm - Canada
Glad you are doing okay and they are well on the way to finding out what the culprit is.  Smart girl- going to the ER at a barriatric center.  You are in the best possible place.  Rest up.  Hope your stay isn't too much longer!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

JJ_
on 6/12/12 6:18 pm
Oh my!  It sounds like you are in the right place to get help.  Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

Judy
Monica M.
on 6/12/12 9:15 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i'm so glad that you went to the hospital to get things sorted out. thank you so much for the update, you know how we worry.

Patm
on 6/12/12 10:09 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
hope all works out for you. Emerg does suck but at least you are getting the help you need.

Brenda T.
on 6/12/12 10:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm so glad you updated us, I have been thinking of you.

I hope all goes well and you feel better soon.

Keep us posted.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Joyce J.
on 6/12/12 11:09 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Glad you're getting it checked out.

Keep us posted

take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Most Active
Recent Topics