HRRH 1 Month Post-Op Group Meeting Wed

rmichelleb
on 5/28/12 12:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Wondering if anyone else is going to the 1 month post op group meeting at HRRH  this Wed? Anyone know what to expect? I have to be there from 11:30-3pm, some of which time is meeting with dietician too (or so I think). I really hope I don't have to wait around from 12-1 while the clinic has lunch, that sucks. I also wonder what on earth I can bring to eat for lunch since I usually nuke (microwave) something. Cottage cheese is soooo boring! lol

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/12 1:49 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
I had my one month post - op at HRRH last Tuesday, when you get their you sign in at the desk than someone will call your name to weigh you, than a nurse calls you for your blood work and they want a urine sample as well once all of that is done you go into the board room where you will have a class with the dietitian about getting back into eating soft and solid foods again, about protein, getting in your vitamins and fluids, it is actually a very informative class it made me feel really comfortable moving on to my next diet stage after WLS.
ruth63
on 5/28/12 10:14 pm - aurora, Canada
Sorry to tell you , you will be waiting alot.  There is usually over 20 people in the group and they have to weight everyone.  They could have had us come at different 15 min. times, but they don;t, probably too much effort.  you will talk to others as you wait and thats interesting and helpful. Think of it as a social and you won;t be upset.   Can't help with the food part, as I eat now even after 4 months, cottage cheese and greek yoguart almost every breakfast and lunch and keep the hot stuff for dinner. I guess tuna and salmon are out right now, I forget what are the limits at just one month.
cutekatie
on 5/28/12 11:29 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
What about cooking and grinding up some salmon/tuna with greek yoghurt and having that?  Doesn't need to be heated up and still is high in protein?

I"m going to a similar class in Ottawa in July and think it's so great they give you so much support.  I can't wait for my session.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

rmichelleb
on 5/29/12 2:05 am - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Thanks everyone. I guess I will bring a book and magazine. I'm getting used to the "hurry up and wait" thing. I am trying egg salad today and if it's a hit I will bring it tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics