The Foamies

rmichelleb
on 5/12/12 10:45 am - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
So I tried another recipe from the WLS book since I wasn't liking the idea of pureed fish. I made pork tenderloin with orange ginger sauce. It was yummy and the family liked it too but I think I ate too much or it wasn't pureed enough (it looked more minced than than pureed ).
So now I know what the foamies that I've heard so much about are. My question is - how long do they last? I am guessing until my pouch has emptied but am not sure. Next time I will SLOW down and cut my portion in half (it was 2 tbsp)

sam1am
on 5/12/12 11:37 am
I have a vsg, so I can''t answer how long it lasts, but I think it can be a while.  Do yourself a favour and puree, well!  We get these guidelines based on a lot of research from our centres, you don't want to damage your new plumbing.

Take care of you. 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/12 11:38 am - Canada
My foamies episodes vary in length. Most times just a few minutes - worst one lasted 3 hours! Usually happens when I eat too fast.
Gorgeous84
on 5/13/12 6:14 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Hey just wondering which WLS book you have - is it from your centre or something you purchased? And for those of us who don't know (pre-op) what do you mean by foamies- is that like pre-dumping? Thanks for the help

Kels
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

rmichelleb
on 5/13/12 12:10 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
The book I mean is The Complete  Weight Loss Surgery  Guide and Diet Program  written by Sue Ekserci, Laz Klein. Ekserci is a dietician at HRRH and Klein is a surgeon there. It is a really great book! You can buy it at Chapters or at the Pharmacy in HRRH.
The other night I ate too quickly (and I think too much) and about 15 minutes after I thought I was going to throw up. Then my mouth started to water/foam like it does when you know you are going to be sick. It was yucky and lasted about 1.5 hrs.
I ate the same food tonight and slowed down and I was fine!

Lorieliz
on 5/13/12 9:13 am - Canada
I am guessin it's a lil like reflux, or what my children refer to as "vurps" (vomit burps).

I remember one time I had such bad heart burn I decided to try my aunt's sure=fire baking soda and water, only  confused the "pers". Instead of 1 spoon soda per cup of water, I used a heaping tablespoon and just enough water to make it liquid

I will never, ever forget the feeling that a volcano of foam had erupted in my stomach and escaped through every orifice I had in my upper body.....

Ah memories....

We all make errors in judgment....once....

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics