checking in

jenniferhyatt
on 4/29/12 11:34 am - Canada
Hello everyone
Its been a while since i posted to i just wanted to tell you all of my progress. It was ONE MONTH Yesterday i had my RNY and I love it!! Would not go back. For everyone on Opti i wish i would be able to just drink my food everyday. I find it a chore to make something that i will eat so little of just for me. I have leftovers all week from one meal i make. lol. i have moved out and left the ex and he is not happy about it at all. Too bad. I am starting to enjoy just being me and my little dog hollie little. She keeps me busy and i take her for her walks and she loves it. Problems in the family but i am learning not to let it ruin my life and help when needed. My phsyc is so proud of me for what i have accomplished and she is happy i did the RNY for ME>>>
Today was a challenge for me. Me and my friend went to the states to grab some things for our trip to wonderland and story book garden for this weekend and I started feeling sick and had pains right under my breast bone. I was told thats where my pouch is. I find that i only have this pain when i dont eat for a while so we stopped at bob evans. OMG trying to pick off a menu when you cant eat everything and a meal is less than a cup is hard. i ended up having the chicken noodle soup and brought most of it home.
We are leaving friday so i have to figure out what i can bring. Has anyone done a road trip and had to plan what they eat??
I dont really have the WANT to have food yet. I have to force my self to eat as i dont get hungry. Last time i weighted myself i was 215 which is awesome. I am so happy and ready for 199. I went to get some clothes from value village the other day and SIZE 15-16 paint and size LG shirt. I was floored. They are gonna be wowed at work. Look out guys lol. Here i come!!!

cheeky_monkey
on 4/29/12 12:13 pm - Ottawa ON, Canada
You sound extremely happy about your life.  Go you!!!
Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

Happysmile
on 4/29/12 12:45 pm
Thanks for sharing your success and changes within your life. I really hope that you have a great road trip. Way to go. Your shopping experience sounded fun.
Happysmile
JJ_
on 4/29/12 1:23 pm
Wooo hooo!  Congrats on taking good care of yourself.

ericaFG
on 4/29/12 8:58 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 Are you on an antacid or a PPI for stomach acid? That can cause the burn you describe. And can be an instigator for grazing when you get further out and cause problems. You should talk to your centre about it. 

Road trips? Surely. A good, low carb protein bar is good. Cheese strings. Nuts (like almonds). Pack a small cooler with water, yogurt, deli meat (I make "roll ups" with meat, cheese and mustard- like a sandwich but no bread). 

If you have a "surgery" card, they will let you bring your food into wonderland. 
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Monica M.
on 4/29/12 9:10 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Congrats on making a "pretty good" choice at a difficult place to eat. You can always try an egg, if tis an all day breakfast place.

If you can have protein bars, they're a good option for "on the road". Lots of people bring cheese strings, or those little babybel cheeses. The SF puddings are a good road snack too.

Good luck!

Lorieliz
on 4/30/12 1:01 am - Canada
Yay you!

Sometimes the excess weight isn't all on our bodies. Congratulations on both the pounds and the problems!

Lori

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Moselle
on 4/30/12 3:16 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on so many positive changes; way to go! You are certainly having a successful journey so far, keep up the good work.
Blu-Diva
on 4/30/12 12:37 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 You doing great !!!!

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics