OT-- My Doc says I am an enigma

Joyce J.
on 4/25/12 1:53 am, edited 4/25/12 2:02 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Everyone

I want to first say that none of what I am going to say is related to having wls.
When I had my kidney infection some people on here were concerned and asked if it had anything to do with my surgery

I have a had a painful lump on the back of my left shoulder for awhile. It doesn't hurt all the time. It hurts if I have too many clothes on lol, or when I lay on it, or when people tap me on the shoulder(which seems a lot lately LOL)

I had an x-ray and ultra  sound done. Nothing was found except a "large mass"

Last week I went for a high resolution CT scan.
The CT showed that I have soft tissue and a lymphoma, a cyst on my liver, an hiatus hernia.

The day after the scan I broke out in hives and my face puffed up(I think an allergic reaction to the dye they injected into me for the scan)

Now I am awaiting having more tests
He wants me to have
1)An MRI of my shoulder and adrenal glands
2)An ultra sound of my liver and hernia
3)A biopsy of my shoulder

He has to check with a radiologist if I can have an MRI because I have a knee replacement. I have done some googling and think it is possible

I have always been a very  healthy person despite being over weight all my life LOL
Since I had my knee surgery Dec 2010 I have been sick constantly, usually when I book vacation time from work .............. co incidence .

I'm thinking it is my immune system or something
Since my knee replacement (16 months ago) I have had bronchitis 3 times, pneumonia twice, cellulitis(severe skin infection) 4 times, a kidney infection that I spent 8 days in hospital with and now this shoulder problem and also the cyst on the liver they found looking at my shoulder LOL

My Doctor says I am an enigma LOL

So here I am awaiting a whole slew of tests. I just want it over with. It is very stressful
Not only this happening, but I was taking Lithium for manic depression and the Doc has taken me off that because it causes my kidney function to be lower........................................
So far stopping the lithium has not been a problem. I just hope it stays this way with all this added stress

Well that is my life in a nutshell these days
Sorry for the long post. I just felt the need to share with friends
I don't want to tell my Dad anything until I have some more results.

So I hope everyone else is doing well
I have a smile on my face and am taking one day at a time

Take care and have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

hobbithands
on 4/25/12 2:10 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Good luck, you are in my thoughts! 

Joyce J.
on 4/25/12 2:14 am - Scarborough, Canada
Thanks
My Doctor is very pro active in getting the necessary tests done. I am greatful for that

JJ_
on 4/25/12 2:18 am
Oh my Joyce, you are going through a rough patch.  Do you find it easier to handle since you are no longer worried about fitting into the MRI machine, etc.?

My prayers are with you at this time for a quick resolution.

Judy
Joyce J.
on 4/25/12 2:24 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Judy
Things are definitely easier after shedding 130 pounds
I used always worry when I had tests if I would be able to get up and down from the table, fitting in machines like MRI, or being on machines that don't a certain amount of weight

stephanie2011
on 4/25/12 2:20 am - toronto, Canada
You have quite a lot on your plate right now, don't you :)  Thankfully you are on top of things and your doctor is proactive.  It helps when you do some reasearch on your own and can be your own advocate.  I hope you find some answers.

Steph
Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

tresor
on 4/25/12 2:23 am

Joyce I am sending you postive vibes your way.  I will keep you in my thoughts.

referral  Nov.3 2010                                                     
surgeon  Dr. Nathasa Pereira-Hong   surgery   May 31, 2012
sam1am
on 4/25/12 2:29 am
Hugz Joyce!  I'm glad your Doc is so proactive, better to be safe than sorry!

Sending positive karma your way!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Marls
on 4/25/12 2:48 am - Canada
Hi Joyce,

Easy to say, difficult to do, however,   keep the good thoughts flowing!! 

Hugs.
Marla
TBIYTC
on 4/25/12 2:48 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Wow, Joyce - thank goodness we have OHIP!!!  I hope they find something small and easy that is causing all of this.  Something you can take a pill for and it magically goes away!  Good luck!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics