Started Opti today...

morena8162
on 3/13/12 11:21 pm - Canada
So,... I started my optifast today... and all I can say is.... so far.. so good..

I started with a vanilla shake, and added a teaspoon of instant coffee.... and it was really good!!

The funny thing is... I have really bad eating habits (as most of us do.. or did).. I tend to eat only one meal a day..  - so interestingly.. I had my shake at around 7.45am .. and my goodness... is this hunger I'm feeling??? ....  most days it will be 2pm before I notice that I haven't eaten or had anything to drink....

Question?? .. I notice in previous posts - it is indicated to use decaf coffee... is there a reason for this??

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the continuous support that everybody has given me so far!!

Gee
Surgeon: March 02/12 Surgery: April 04/12
Looking forward to a brighter, healthier tomorrow ....  

slim115
on 3/13/12 11:23 pm - peterborough, Canada
good luck...i on day 10 and 24lbs down so it works....decaf because caffeine affects metabolism

cheers

spence
Opti Weight-386lbs.............Surgery Weight- 355 lbs...........Goal Weight- 200lbs        
morena8162
on 3/13/12 11:34 pm - Canada
Thanks for your response Spence...
wow.. 24lbs.. thats awesome!! ... Are you finding that you are getting bored of just liquids??

slim115
on 3/13/12 11:48 pm - peterborough, Canada
very bored but the end result keeps me goin even when im standing with keys in hand thinking of going for a real meal!

spence
Opti Weight-386lbs.............Surgery Weight- 355 lbs...........Goal Weight- 200lbs        
morena8162
on 3/14/12 12:04 am - Canada
I am going into this with a positive vibe.. and your progress is very encouraging.. - keep me posted on your journey...  - thanks for your input/advice..

Gee

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/12 11:25 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Some centres make you switch to decaf before surgery and right after surgery while other centres allow caffeine.  If you are going through TWH, they allow caffeine apparently.  I didn't have to use decaf att all so I mixed a lot of my shakes with cold coffee and cold chai tea that were full of caffeine and my stomach is right as rain.
morena8162
on 3/13/12 11:32 pm - Canada
Thanks Tracey.. I am going through TWH as well ....  do you actually just add the opti to your coffee/tea ?? .. or did you use the instant?? - also.. can you add it to hot cofee/tea as well??

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/12 11:34 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I actually didnt' go through TWH but I know I have read it here numerous times that they allow caffeine.  Don't add it to hot coffee or it will curdle. I just made extra coffee each day when I brewed a pot and would throw it in the fridge and use the cold coffee instead of any water but if that isn't convenient for you, many use instant coffee and add a tsp or tbsp(however strong you like it)
morena8162
on 3/13/12 11:39 pm - Canada
great advice...  - thank you again!

Monica M.
on 3/13/12 11:32 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
You need to be off caffeine prior to surgery, and for some time after.. i can't exaclty remember why, but its best, andhealthier for you.

yeah, hunger...weird, eh? i didnt feel that for 20 years. It's interesting to just sit and experience the feeling.

Most Active
Recent Topics