Not sure of what happened

Anna1963
on 3/11/12 10:04 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 02/16/12
My mother held a birthday supper for me today even though my birthday is not til tuesday and she made me a separate supper that i could eat like chicken and a plain potato and cauliflower and carrots.  I only had a little bit of those and i was in so much pain could not breathe too good.  I had to go to the bathroom and threw up 2 times and it was alot of foam.  I felt better after that but the feeling kept coming back and it took almost 2 hours to pass.  They asked me if i wanted to have a piece of my cake and i said no thankyou just could  not do it.  I had the shakes and sweats and did not feel good at all.  I feel much better now and glad of it.  Can anyone tell me of what happened.  I am 24 days out.

debralight
on 3/11/12 10:14 am, edited 3/11/12 10:14 am - Canada
I don't know what your centre says but at 24 days out that seems like food that is not quite soft enough .. i was on puree still i think at that point - though rules are different everywhere. I 'd just put it down too a meal that was too advanced for where you pouch is and go back to moister and easlier foods to digest.

And while many dont have issues with Chicken i found it harder to digest than beef and still find chicken breast if dry not the most "comfortable" food for my pouch.

Oh and good for you for not having any cake. Please please please, take a word of advice, dont eat sugary stuff for as long as possible. Dumping is bad, not dumping on sugar is even worse.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Anna1963
on 3/11/12 10:19 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 02/16/12
Thank you so much for the info and i have been on some foods for about a week now and i found chicken was not too hard to digest.  It took almost an hour for me to get some of my supper down and i chewed very well it is just hard to get over it but i will.

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/11/12 10:15 am - Windsor, Canada
Assuming these are foods that you had before, more thn likely you ate too fast and did not chew well enough. When things cannot pass through your Stoma , there is usually a feeling of pressure (probably what you said was not like being able to breathe) and it comes back up.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Anna1963
on 3/11/12 10:22 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 02/16/12
Tysvm Dawn for the info.  The pressure was real bad and i felt bad for having to excuse myself since my mother did a very good job on supper.  I knew i just could not eat what everyone was eating and even brought a sugar free pudding for my dessert but i just could not eat that either. 

debralight
on 3/11/12 10:24 am - Canada
Sometimes its not a straight line journey with the pouch. I know that for the first 6 months i'd have foods i could eat one day that another day didnt sit well. The pouch can have a mind of its own sometimes.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

SandpaperSandy
on 3/11/12 10:42 am - Kitchener, Canada
Just curious.....
"They asked me if i wanted to have a piece of my cake and i said no thankyou just could  not do it"

if you did not have a case of the foamies ....would you have had a piece of cake??

Anna1963
on 3/11/12 12:19 pm - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 02/16/12
Nope i would not have had the piece of cake cause i have read a lot about dumping and i guess that i am afraid of having it.  I did bring a sf pudding and i just could not even think about it.

Adelle B.
on 3/11/12 11:11 am - Petawawa, Canada
RNY on 02/08/12
this is exactly what I have been going through and even today I had slow cooked beef that was cut very small and I was sick for almost an hour. I even eat with a timer in front of me to remind me that I need to slow dow.
keep a record of the times you get stomach upset and let your centre know. because of the repeat episodes I have had I am going in for an extra appointment to rule out anything more. I am thinking it is more eating too fast and not chewing enough.
congrats on not trying the cake! hope this was a one time thing for you:)

Leslie W.
on 3/11/12 11:24 am - Cobourg, Canada
I found that at 1 month slow cooked beef was way to hard to digest. I could do ground beef in chili but that was all. Did't try a beef patty until 4 month and today at 5 month was the first time I could eat slow cooked beef. Beef is really hard to chew that it can be stringy when swallowed which can get stuck.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics