Please keep Lisarah in your thoughts and prayers!

jhpby
on 2/3/12 3:32 am - Oshawa, Canada
LISARAH from the board went in for her surgery on January 26. I received a text after the surgery saying everything went great.

A couple days later I sent her a text to see how she was doing and didn't receive a response, sent another one, still no response. Thanks to Melissa (Pinkjellybean) I found out that there was the chance that things weren't ok. I called the 9th floor at TWH and they said she wasn't there anymore so I called information and found out that she is still in the hospital but in the ICU.

On friday she ended up with a leak so they went in and fixed it, she then ended up with a bloodclot and they went in and fixed it. After that she ended up with another small leak at the bottom if her bowels or bottom of her intestine so they had to go in and fix that.

I went to the hospital today to see her and she is heavily sedated and the nurse said things are going day by day and that she is going to have a very long recovery.

Her mom will call me if there are any major changes, otherwise I am going to call her next weekend. I will provide an update as it comes.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and wish her all the best.

Jenn
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

pinkjellybean
on 2/3/12 3:35 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I just knew it was her : (   The first day of surgery I wanted to go say hello to her as I saw her walking the floors and just couldn't get myself the energy to get up.  I later learned that she went back into surgery the following day and was in the I.C.U.  

How many bad things can go wrong....2 leaks and a Blood Clot....poor girl. : (

She has been in my heart since they took her back to surgery.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Megan M.
on 2/3/12 3:47 am - Canada
Oh my, she's living all the fears we have all had all at once.  Sure do hope she's okay.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

TraceyM45
on 2/3/12 4:00 am
Sending her all the best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

sam1am
on 2/3/12 4:02 am
Poor Lisa!  Wishing her a swift recovery from here on out!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

charm64
on 2/3/12 4:36 am - Cambridge, Canada
Thoughts and prayers for her and her family!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Brenda T.
on 2/3/12 4:38 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wow she has been through a lot, hope she gets better from here on out.
Thanks for letting us know.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

jdance
on 2/3/12 4:41 am - Canada
Oh Dear,
You hope that things like this never happen.
I hope she makes a full recovery,
please pass on my sincere wishes.

J

Gabygee
on 2/3/12 4:51 am - Canada
And we were all in fear of exactly this, huh?

If anybody goes to see her, give her a gentle squeeze from all of us - we send her our strength, to pull her through.

trudylam
on 2/3/12 4:49 am - Sudbury, Canada
Please let her know that we are all thinking about her.  I hope she has a smooth and speedy recovery.  Big hugs to Lisarah.
Most Active
Recent Topics