Can you dump on sugar free jello??

Kelshy
on 1/15/12 4:22 am - Cannifton, Canada
 I have been having varying degrees of dumping after every meal or snack for the past three days. My face gets hot, I feel lightheaded, dizzy and soo tired. 

This afternoon I thought. Ok... sugar free jello. No way I can dump on that. 

Wrong.

It passes within 30 - 60 minutes but its getting old really quick... 

I am a bit confused as I have rarely dumped thus far and when I have it was blatantly obvious why. 

So my plan right now is to totally chuck the carbs and sugar to the curb and start with basics. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

MisterDiminishing
on 1/15/12 6:22 am - Windsor, Canada
Those symptoms don't add up, Chris. I would call your assessment centre and get professional guidance, especially since this came on suddenly three days ago and hasn't gone away.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/15/12 6:31 am, edited 1/15/12 7:48 am - Windsor, Canada
Could be a flu of some sort, ulcer....or the beginning of a stricture or dehydration.

Definitely call your centre.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

PatXYZ
on 1/15/12 7:06 am
I'd be concerned that your stoma has stretched and everything is going straight into your small intestine, causing the dumping. Are you eating dense foods and having the same problem or is it only with 'slider' type foods? If it's happening with everything, you should probably make an appointment to see your surgeon, he may want a scope done to have a look at things.
kellybelly333
on 1/16/12 1:29 am - Toronto, Canada
I just found out that i'm hypoglycemic. Those are some of the symptoms that you're having. I'm told that more and more people are being diagnosed with the low sugar problems. Call your dietician.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics