three years

nata
on 10/30/11 11:09 am - Ottawa, Canada
Three years ago I was reborn. Got my incrediblywonderfulamazing DS!

I lost a lot. Had to say good bye to just over 200 pounds, diabetes, sleep apnea, fatty liver, PCOS , apple/pumpkin/whateverberry pies, pasta dishes and two slice white bread sandwiches - just to name few.

I also lost perspective of "healthy eating" and my DS diet shocks most "normal" people, hence some embarrassing situations. The most annoying would be someone commenting on amount of cream in my coffee "do you think your arteries are made of Teflon?" Duh!

My weight has been bouncing between 144 and 150 (BMI around 24, down from 62 ) and I mostly wear size 8, with occasional 10 or 6.
So many things have changed since my surgery. My self esteem is up to the roof, I'm doing great at work and home. I had a few plastic surgeries, "cleaning up" after the weight loss. Had facial hair removed with laser treatment. Make highlights in my hair and wear high hills all the time!
Finally LOVE looking in the mirror. Love being me!

This Summer I visited my family in Germany and my father did not recognized me at the airport. By the way it was real fun, fitting in the airplane sit with a purse at my side and with crossed legs, lol. The food was so disappointing though!. Pasta or rice and muffins and bread and pasta salad ... virtually no proteins and tons of carbs. Air Canada. 

On the spooky- halloweeny note: my neighbor admired my relationship with my Stepdaughter (?!?!), when I asked why she called her STEP, the old lady said, "well, I remember her LATE mother, she was really huge. I have a feeling she didn't believe me when I said that it was me.

Well, it's been an uncredible journey so far and the best part - the show goes on.

I wish to all of you successful weight loss and enjoy both - process and results.
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
Jennifer D.
on 10/30/11 11:50 am, edited 10/29/11 11:50 pm
Good to hear from you Nata, congratulations on three years and size 8 : ). It's wonderful to hear all of your w0ws, I look forward to being unrecognizeable. I think I may have responded to your neighbour defensively but it shows how comfortable you are with yourself that you could see the humour in it. Hope the next three years are as great as the first.
nata
on 10/30/11 2:25 pm - Ottawa, Canada
thanks Jen!

Nah, I laughed, when I heard her.
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
PaulaToronto
on 10/30/11 11:57 am - Toronto, Canada
Good to hear from you Nata.  Congrats on your success.  You have done so well.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

nata
on 10/30/11 2:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks Paula,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Finally, he?

Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
PaulaToronto
on 10/31/11 12:30 am - Toronto, Canada
It was meant to be now.  While waiting I lost weight and found out I couln't have DS due to hyperparathyroidism so everything worked out for me.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

angela6
on 10/30/11 2:42 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Thank you for taking the time to post this - it was very encouraging to me.  I am only 1 & 1/2 week out of surgery and I have lost 30 lbs. since I started opti - fast.  I love hearing about people that are many years past their surgery - because that was one of my worries. I love my RNY.  Thank you and enjoy your life you deserve it.

nata
on 11/1/11 12:22 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Angela, congrats on your surgery and all the best on your journey!
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
Megan M.
on 10/30/11 9:05 pm - Canada
What a wonderful story.  Thank you for sharing.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

nata
on 11/1/11 12:23 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Megan!
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics