3 Weeks Post OP-feeling extremely hunger

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 6:58 am - Canada
 Anyone else post op dealing with issues of extreme hunger, I feel as though I still have my old mind set about food going on in my head. I have lost 40lbs already, I got weighed last week, but I feel hungry all the time even 10 minutes after I eat I want to eat again. I don't want to tell anyone where I had my sugery because I am embarrased.
Brenda T.
on 10/17/11 7:10 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I haven't had surgery, so I can't answer your question. What surgery did you have? And why are you embarrassed on where you had your sugery?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 7:20 am - Canada
 i had the Rui Ny Gastric By pass, i just thought i wouldnt feel as hungry as i do, i thought with the smaller stomach i wouldnt want to eat as much but i guess that was wrong. I dont want to tell them where i had my surgery because im afraid they will think i will fail in my weightloss goals.
PatXYZ
on 10/17/11 7:22 am
Are you eating plenty of protein and getting your 64oz of sugar-free, non-caffeinated fluids? Sometimes our bodies feel 'hungry' when really they are a bit dehydrated. Also, protein will keep you feeling fuller, longer, so make sure you are focusing on protein.

I realize you don't want to tell people where you had surgery, but if you did it might help us give you more specific advice on what you should be eating as each centre progresses at different rates. Are you in full fluids, purees or soft foods?
Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 7:48 am - Canada
 im on full fluids going to purree on Friday. i am drinking enough water yes but not enough protein that must be what im doing wrong, they say i should be drinking 3 protein shakes a day but im only drinking 1. I am trying to get up there but find it a lot to drink in 1 day plus all the water..i have been focusing more on water than protein.
Brenda T.
on 10/17/11 7:23 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I hope someone answers your question for you and I hope that this is just a phase for you. Keep us up todate. I don't think you will fail. keep your chin up and hang in there.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 7:45 am - Canada
 thank you Brenda xo
Linda S.
on 10/17/11 7:49 am - Canada
I'm 2 weeks post op and my head has been hungry since I woke up after surgery. Some of us doon't get that feeling of not being hungry right away. It's just head hunger...you should talk with the people on your team at the hospital to get a handle on it.

Thanks, Linda
1) Referral - June 26/10                           4) 2nd. meeting with same - Feb.2/11
2) Orientation - Dec.9/10
3) Met with S.W. Nurse, Diet. - Dec.14/10

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 7:52 am - Canada
 im only 2 weeks post op and i guess its just a matter of getting used to this new lifestyle, it certainly is different from the way i have lived for 40 years. Food was my best friend and worst enemy, i guess it all takes time eh.
Quinns_mommy
on 10/17/11 8:15 am
Some people feel "real" hunger early out, and some people feel "head" hunger early out. Some people feel neither... or both. I felt "real" hunger at about 3 weeks out as well. I didn't have any cravings until about month 3 though, just the need to eat in order to deal with the hunger issue. That being said, I always tried to make sure it was protein I was eating (and still do).

I also found that the further out I was, the more I could eat, which also helped to keep me fuller for longer.

:)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Most Active
Recent Topics