Feels good to be home!

Linda C.
on 8/25/11 6:46 am
It's been a week since my surgery.  Things were going along great.... til GOUT hit.  Surgery pain was about a 2, gout pain - a 9.5.  I have never had it so bad.  I would have been home yesterday, but hobbling more than 5 or 10 feet was impossible.  Stopped at emerg in Cobourg, and got some pain meds.... i must say that the new Cobourg hospital has the nicest emerg i have ever been in.  I was in and out in about an hour.  Had I waited til I got to Belleville, it would have been 6 hours plus. 

Have an appointment next week with the family doctor, so will make sure I can get on Allopurinal to try and prevent this happening again.  My blood pressure seems to be holding too... was 108/77... I guess I can stop cringing when they take it.

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

jennifer_rpn
on 8/25/11 6:57 am
Glad you're home...sorry to hear about the gout that doesn't sound like much fun

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
gavinw
on 8/25/11 6:57 am - Canada
Welcome to the bench. I used to get gout a lot and was put on Allopurinal years ago. Still on the stuff and rarely get gout anymore. My gout used to be so severe it would consume my whole leg and the pain would be a 20. Now all I get is night gout which most of the time is gone before I get up.

jennifer_rpn
on 8/25/11 7:01 am
Hey Gavin, you home or still in hospital?

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
gavinw
on 8/25/11 10:23 pm - Canada
Still in the hospital due to kidney and prostrate failure.

Karen M.
on 8/25/11 11:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Gavin, so sorry to hear that!  Get well soon! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 8/25/11 7:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
good that you're home. i hope things keep improving.

stewartjackie
on 8/25/11 1:50 pm - Pickering, Canada
 So sorry to hear about the gout, I understand that  it is VERY painful.
Take good care, and keep us posted.
Jackie

Liv2ride63
on 8/26/11 12:03 am - tweed, Canada
sorry your having problems and hope your gout clears up for you ,,must be exciting though , start of a whole new life for you ...im in tweed ,,your right about belleville hospital lol ,,where did you have your surgery Linda? my refereal was sent to ottawa but i am transfering to humber , they said it would cut a couple months off the wait and i think its closer...take care
Most Active
Recent Topics