Night Terrors

Linda C.
on 8/22/11 11:30 am
This is probably going to sound really weird... but it is weird.  My husband and I are staying at a hotel near HRRH for a few days just to make sure everything is fine before we head home.  Last night I scared the b'jesus out of him by waking up screaming.  I wasn't in any pain or anything, but I did feel like there was someone else in the room.  So, I'm not sure if i was entirely asleep and the shadows, etc got to me, or if it was something in a dream.

Did anyone have really weird or unusual dreams after their surgery?

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

jennifer_rpn
on 8/22/11 11:51 am
Wow, that's crazy Linda...I have not had that happen but hopfully it doesn"t last long for you

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
look_out_world
on 8/22/11 11:54 am - Canada
 Keep in mind that your body has been pumped with all sorts of medicine during and after surgery and that you're in a strange unfamiliar location.  Maybe try leaving the bathroom light on and the door partially closed tonight and try to have a blissfull sleep.   I know I couldn't wait to get home to sleep in my owwwwwn bed!    '

Sweet dreams tonight!!!

sam1am
on 8/22/11 1:02 pm
 I suspect its the various different meds working their way out of your body, hopefully you're done with them.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

sueberman
on 8/22/11 1:19 pm
I've never woken up screaming but I have had the sensation of someone else in the room when staying in a hotel/motel.  Feel better knowing the police station is just north of the hospital lol
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Radiogirl39
on 8/23/11 5:27 am - Canada
Just make sure you aren't out walking around at night in that area.  It's not safe to do so.

Julie

stewartjackie
on 8/22/11 1:31 pm - Pickering, Canada
 I stayed in the hospital longer than the norm because of some complications.
I had some night terrors and then really weird, weird dreams. The nurses told exactly what has been said already,  it is the medications causing it.

ericaFG
on 8/22/11 2:24 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Are you on percocet? That gives me wacked out hallucinations. And the serious itchies.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Monica M.
on 8/22/11 11:28 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
weird dreams is definitely an after effect of anaesthesia and narcotic medication. it'll pass, you probably won't need an excorcism. lol

StevesGal
on 8/23/11 9:33 am - Hamilton, Canada
No night terrors but some extremely strange dreams.  The kind you wake up with a "What the hell was that all about?".  They passed after about 2 weeks.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics