what happens ............?

jahdayah
on 8/18/11 12:49 am - oshawa, Canada
Hey guys im down to my last appt before the surgeon appt.. im going through TWH and would like to know if anyone could tell me what happens durging the Phsyc (spell check) appt?

Referral July 2010~Orientation June 15 2011~NP&SW June 28 ~NUT CLASS&NUT AUG 17 2011 ~ PSYCOLOGIST~AUG 22 2011 ~ SURGEON DR. PENNER SEPT 2 2011~PAATS SEPT 15~SURGERY SEPT 26 2011 DR URBACH    
My Angel is Sueberman

gavinw
on 8/18/11 1:28 am - Canada
They talk to you to make sure you know what you are getting into and to see if you have a support system. My appointment was 15 minutes. As long as you understand the surgery is not to make you or someone else happy. They also try to find out if you are going through any depression and think this is the solution. All I can say is be yourself and be honest.

Mary A.
on 8/18/11 4:50 am
I live in NW Ontario and had a local pschatrist do my evaluaiton..he did a 20 minutes person-patient interview, asking about family life,. stresses, any depression etc in my past or in the family and then I had a 100+ questions sheet to fill out...(apparently that's a standard test)

what threw me were quesitons about sharp objects and how I felt when I handled on....I guess there was a reason for each question...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

PatXYZ
on 8/18/11 5:59 am
Interesting... mine was quite different. It was at TWH and was 50 minutes long. It was a thorough and formal mental health evaluation looking for depression/anxiety/psychosis/addiction/eating disorders for yourself and your family. There was a little bit of time spent on the surgery itself and preparations and understanding of it. It's basically to ensure there are no impeding mental health issues, it wasn't a big deal.
Most Active
Recent Topics