Oh Wow! FOUR (4) years tomorrow...

Tabetha A.
on 8/13/11 7:48 am - Ajax, Canada
 I didn't even realize that it was that time of year.  I have been so caught up with the ongoings of my own life that I almost missed the email that I received this morning from Barix Clinics to congratulate me on my 4 year surgiversary.  

So much has happened in 4 years.. especially the last 8 months.  From losing 185lbs, having my miracle baby, and now leaving a marriage that I pretended to be happy in for so long... I can say STILL say I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I can say that I am a "normal" person at a normal healthy weight.  Always battling to lose that last 10 lbs of "baby weight", but still comfortably in a size 6 pant, and size small tops for the most part.

I am in love again.  I have been dating a wonderful man who is also the father of 3 young boys.  He takes the time to learn about my surgery and my nutritional needs and is always on my arse about making sure I eat through-out the day.  He has even attended a couple of the Scarborough Coffee nights and lived to tell about it!

I can still go all day without a ping of hunger... but other days I am hungry all day long..  I had a TT last year and couldn't be happier.  If there was any part of my body that I would fix next, it would be my thighs and perhaps some breast implants.  But well, I'd have to win the lottery for that.  

I did suffer with a bout of anemia after my son was born, and had to do a couple sessions of iron infusions at the hospital for a period of time.  But as of last week, I am no longer anemic and my iron levels are holding strong and steady.

I love my RNY!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/13/11 7:55 am
Sounds wonderful. Good luck in your new life!
Brandy S.
on 8/13/11 9:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
Congratulations!!!
Brandyyy  
StevesGal
on 8/13/11 11:12 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congrats on your surgiversary, and all the positive changes you've made in your life!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Eileen C.
on 8/13/11 11:31 am - Cornwall, Canada
Congrats Tabetha on your 4 yr surgiversary,        you deserve a round of applause for all your

issues in the last 4 years and how you have dealt with each one, your surgery, marriage, new baby,

and wonderful relationship with the new beau and his family,      

Wishing you all the best in the future, sending you warm wishes and hugs your way 

Take care

Eileen    
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Quinns_mommy
on 8/13/11 11:28 pm
Everything sounds positive Tabetha! Thanks so much for your support and updates! :)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
birdiegirl
on 8/14/11 1:34 am

Hi Tabetha

You really have done so well....and so sound happy with all the changes in your life the past 4 years

Congrats on all fronts....and here's to a happy life

Barb

Moselle
on 8/14/11 1:53 am - Athens, Canada
Way to go Tabetha! Your journey sounds like it hasn't been easy but very worthwhile and you've come out on top. Congratulations on all you have achieved in these 4 years. I wish you continued success and happiness in your new healthier life.
Cyndylw
on 8/14/11 4:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Way to go!!! I'm always so happy to hear these updates, they make me more confident for my futur. Please continue to live life for yourself and your baby, and inspiring all of us!  
Referal sent August 2009 - Referred to Ottawa - January 2010 - Surgery - July 29th 2011!!!!    
Karen M.
on 8/14/11 5:21 am - Mississauga, Canada
HUGE congratulations to you Tabetha!  My gosh, how your life has changed!
Continued success :) xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics