what should I buy while in the states?

jhpby
on 6/15/11 12:47 am - Oshawa, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am going to the states next week and just wanted to know what some people buy when they go cross border shopping that they find hard to get here.

Any responses are greatly appreciated!
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Tanya T.
on 6/15/11 1:17 am
Hey There,

I bought  NSA Carnation Instant Breakfast recommeded by my dietician it's half the price over there.  I also bought Sugar-Free Jello and sugar-free popsicles I also hear they have the broth as well.

Hope this Helps!!!

Tanya

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 1:31 am - Toronto, Canada
They also have different flavors of Crystal Light that arent available in Canada yet. 

Have a great trip!
mom4life
on 6/15/11 1:36 am - Port Rowan, Canada

I bookmarked this one a while back.  I sure think it's helpful!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4128966/What-to-Buy/act ion,replies/topic_id,4128966/page,2/

~Lori

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Brandy S.
on 6/15/11 2:27 am - Sudbury, Canada
how do you bookmark?  or are you just using the Favourites on the browser?
Brandyyy  
mom4life
on 6/15/11 3:45 am - Port Rowan, Canada
At the very top of your screen it says Welcome, your name, bookmarks, my account...  Hover over bookmarks, then click on the "add bookmark".  Voila, that easy.  Then to find it again when you hover over bookmarks, it will bring up the list of items and you can just click on the one you want to open.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Mary A.
on 6/15/11 2:25 am
I usually stock up on zero calorie drinks..such as Lifewater...in the USA I can sometimes find 10 for $10.00...where here I am lucky if I can get a bottle under $2.00 each

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Arttina
on 6/15/11 3:30 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Here's my collection that I've scooped up on here from everyone posting!

ocean spray singles
four seasons Italian dressing mix (like east side marios dressing!)
kraft cheese slices - pepper jack especially
russel stover toffee squares sugar free - big bags!
Sargento cheese sticks (like cheese strings but REAL cheese)
dried edamame ( cheapest at costco)
fuze slenderize or sobe ligh****er
naked nuggets
sugar free Hershey syrup
sugar free log cabin syrup
sugar free drink mix (margarita is GREAT)
high protein/low carb tortillas
dreamfields pasta (gotta go to a good grocery store for this)
anything from trader joes
Sugar Free Pudding
Sugar Free oreos
Yoplait Fat Free key lime pie yogurt
Arnolds Sandwich thins -whole wheat- 5 grams of protein, 100 calories
Crystal Light
SF Quik chocolate
sugar free honey
Murray Brand sugar free Shortbread cookies - Blue and White packages. You can have 8 of them for like 100 cals. super yum and great to have on hand at work for cravings and hungrey moments.
Sugar Free Licorice. My favourite and really hard to find in Ottawa. 6 piecs for approx. 100 cals.
-Vegtable based iron supplements
DaVinci sugar free serup
Jello - for your liquids before and after surgery. They have an unbelievable amount of different flavours!
Puddings - for your soft foods stage. Again.... they have so many different sf kinds!
vitamins - The vitamins in the US have 18mg of iron as opposed to our 4-10mg. They're also cheaper.
Calcium - They sell the calcium petites for $9.99 a bottle which is cheaper than here. They also have huge bottles of the Equate brand calcium citrate which can be snapped in half easily making them the same size as the petites but at about half the cost!
B12 - this is a good one to pick up as well. We have the dissolvable strips here, but they have the little tablets that you put under your tounge. They taste okay and they're a heck of a lot cheaper than the strips! I get a bottle of 200 for less than half the cost of a box of 50 strips.
sugar free popsicles - I bring a cooler and buy ice to put them in with. They have a lot more flavours (like Diet Dr Pepper flavoured.... yummy) and they're also much much cheaper!
Protein powder - but wait until after surgery to buy more than small quantities of any specific kind because your tastes will change. They have a heck of a selection there and it's usually cheaper or about the same.
0 calorie drinks - holy selection!!! They also have more in the way of singles..... like sugar free KoolAid which you can't get in singles here. You can also find kinds that you can't find here, like Hawiian Punch and more of a selection of Crystal Light and Kool Aid.
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

PatXYZ
on 6/15/11 12:31 pm
Where do you usually go to shop? Walmart? Target?
Mike Terry
on 6/15/11 10:44 pm - Staffa, Canada
 One Word - Propel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  0 calorie Gatorade vitamin enriched water drink. I LOVE THESE, BUY THEM BY THE CASE LOADS, and they end up lasting me only a couple of weeks. I usually get mine at Walmart's in Port Huron.

Most Active
Recent Topics