I am Back and on the Bench

kaleena
on 6/11/11 3:30 am
Yahooo i am all done my surgery.. all in all it went well. Dr Hagen said that i had a twisted bowel that he straightned out.. so now everything is all good.. i am struggling with the wonderful gas pains.. and trouble getting in everything they want me too.. i am just not hungry....
My experience at HRRH.. well it was interesting.. all in all my nurses were great... EXCEPT in the recovery in they were cranky..... it was so hot in there i was soaked and said that i needed ice well they told me "you will have to wait we r busy" well excuse me....once i was back in my room all was well until the nightmare started with my roomate.. who was a old lady who spoke some kind of language that i didnt know.. who had been there a few days already..with a broken hip and leg.. well lets just say i didnt get any sleep as all she did was scream all hours of the day and night and fought with all the nurses... she was soooooooo rude i couldnt believe it.. i would walk the halls more often so i spent less time in that room..
So today is day 2 post op and other than the gas pain and the stiffness in my neck and back from the bed , i feel pretty good.. i am finding it hard to get in all the stuff they want so for now i am gonna stick with the protien shake and water i did have cream of wheat and yogurt and nothing makes me sick or comes back up... as of now.....

Lilla M.
on 6/11/11 4:37 am
cONGRATS!!!!That's great news and wonderful your feeling good. My surgery is on wednesday at HRRH, hope all goes well. Are you still at the hospital? How long was your surgery?

My Angel is Merly6800

Doc sent referral Dec 2010
H.Pylori Test Feb16, 2011
Bone Scan Feb 18, 2011
Sleep Study Feb 28,2011
1st Consultation @ Humber River March 7, 2011 
Dr Huynh March 14, 2011
Gastric Class March 30,2011
Nut/SW April  6, 2011 
Dr Glaser April 13, 2011
Dr Huynh April 28 ,2011
Surgery Date: June 15,2011
on_my_way2011
on 6/11/11 4:38 am - Canada
Congratulations!  I am going to HRRH too...but not for a while!  I am glad you had a good experience there!
Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Janet13
on 6/11/11 5:15 am - Toronto, Canada
Glad everything went well. Welcome to the bench.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 5:34 am - Toronto, Canada
Congrats!! Glad to hear surgery went well. The nurses at HRRH are hit and miss. But I think it's like that in every hospital.

Good luck with the rest of the recovery.
Moselle
on 6/11/11 6:24 am - Athens, Canada
Glad to hear that you are on the bench Kaleena and doing well.  Enjoy your journey; I look forward to hearing about your success.
JJ_
on 6/11/11 6:56 am
Glad to see you back and posting after surgery.  **Note to self - don't forget a set of ear plugs in hospital bag.
Nortonvt1
on 6/11/11 7:26 am - Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
The great thing about Ottawa is that the RNY patients share their rooms - at least they did in February when I had mine but still bring your ear plugs because snorers are no fun
  Heading for my goal    
JJ_
on 6/11/11 9:45 am

Room assignment is the luck of the draw and how full the hospital is. 

Christine W.
on 6/11/11 7:35 am - London, Canada
So glad that your surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery..try walking abit if you can..they say it helps with the gas...its all gravy from here on...Chow Chris
*Application sent in May 2010
*Information session held at Guelph Jan 27, 2011
*Nursing, Dietician, Social Worker consults April 21, 2011
*Follow up consults: Dietician, Nurse June 7, 2011
*Given green sticker to progress surgeon appt.
* post op dietician group meeting Nov 17, 2011
* Surgeon Appt. Jan 11, 2012
* Surgery booked Feb 16th, 2012

Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics