FYI Dumping on Liquid Tylenol

Robyn E.
on 3/31/11 7:58 pm - Midland, Canada
 Hey everyone I did a search about dumping on liquid tylenol, and sure enough there are a few posts on the subject , but nothing recent... so I thought I'd bring it up. 

I didnt get sent home with pain meds but told to take the liquid tylenol that was ordered at shoppers near humber river. I took it for pain the first day after leaving the hosp with no problem. The next day I got a nasty taste of what dumping will be like. I was not amused and it took me about ten minutes to figure out what was happening. The difference that time was I took it on an empty pouch.

So just a heads up. It may or may not effect you if you take it solo or not. It was prescribed for me and there were no "oh by the way, take with food"...

just fyi 
Robyn E. 
Referral August 6, '10 -- Info Session Oct 27, '10 -- 1st Surgeons Appt Nov 17, '10 -- Internist, Nut, SW Jan 5, '11 -- 2nd Nut, SW, Surgeon Appt Mar 3, '11 -- Surgery Date Mar 24th '11

birdiegirl
on 4/1/11 6:21 am
The worst dumping I ever experienced was 4 weeks post rny when I took some liquid tylenol for a headache....it was violent!!

AND - I took the tylenol after eating breakfast - the problem is we really dont eat that much early out...so be careful

debralight
on 4/1/11 6:27 am - Canada
I did the children's chewables grape flavour and had no issue. Tasted like really bad kool-aid.

I refused to even consider the bubblegum flavour.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Most Active
Recent Topics