What are you eating/doing today?

Karen M.
on 3/31/11 10:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Good morning :) It's Friiiiiiidaaaaayyyy!!

B - coffee with milk x 2
S - watermelon, protein shake
L - going out, so not too sure yet. Something yummy!
S - leftover lunch
D - chicken with veggies and tomatoes

Have a great day everyone!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 10:48 pm
Hi All,

I'd love to stay in bed today, with running and smiling so much yesterday i'm drained! :P

Bites:

Meal 1: Cheese + Gluten free crackers

Meal 2 : Protein Coffee

Meal 3: Protein Coffee

Meal 4: Tuna, Mayo + Crackers

Meal 5: Trail Mix and yogurt

Meal 6: Lactose free Chocolate Milk

Vites: None in so far

Exercites: Upper body, 18 minutes of HIITS

Have a great day all!

paula-37
on 3/31/11 11:10 pm - brantford, Canada
 Good morning i will try to have a great day .i am a little sad because i am up 7lbs.
B1/2 a bagle with 5 grapes
S water'
L i do not know.
S nothing
D baked fish with peas onion and lemon juice 
S water and half an apple.
have a great weekend Karen an everybody else.
SINCERLY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

twins4meplus1
on 4/1/11 3:02 am - St Thomas, Canada
Paula, how much protein are you eating in a day. I don't see any listed except for the fish. You may want to keep a food journal for a few days and see if you are getting in enough protein in a day.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Ezlivin
on 4/1/11 12:34 am - Windsor, Canada

Good morning...Busy Busy...

B cheese peperoni omelet
S Kashi snack bag
L spicy tuna cottage cheese triskets
S Protein pudding
D ? grocery shopping today
S frozen berries

Have a great day...

I hate HATE being so crazy busy!!!!
Judy

Surgeon's goal 155 - 160
NUT goal 140
My own personal goal  125.

HW  237(Optifast weight)  SW  214   CW  111

Yummy recipies to try.....  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/welcome/  

ericaFG
on 4/1/11 1:46 am - Cambridge, Canada
April Fools Day!  ;0)  I miss being away from the classroom on April Fools day - it was always so much fun to prank my students - and have them prank me!  We are all so gullible sometimes!!  ;0)

I did get my son - told him it was Saturday and he could go back to bed!  I was going to change my FB status to say "Single" or something - but I figured I might give my husband a heart attack.

B - coffee and milk/creamer
S - greek yogurt and granola
L - turkey, asparagus and tzasiki
S - almonds
D - something with sausage and beef - haven't figured it out yet.  Cleaning out the freezer...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

mgmrich
on 4/1/11 3:38 am - Ontario, Canada
Good morning everyone :)  Erica, that is funny, ya I bet your poor hubby would died.

Not much on the agenda today.  Son is home from school for a "mental health" day as he is having a hard time there lately.  This time its a mean teacher, she's not mean (although she was at one point and I dealth with it) to him but all her yelling at the other children scares him to death.   I will deal with it next week.  He shouldn't be afraid to go to school!

Plan for eating

B - protein shake

L - turkey roll ups with cheese, pepperette

S - atkins protein bar

Su - chicken, chipotle salsa and melted cheese on top, veg

S - nsa jello, pepperettes and cheese

Have a good one/weekend!
   Marianne
Starting BMI: 48.8 (NOW 27.8) Comorbidities: Hypertension (GONE), High Cholesterol (NORMAL NOW), GERD (GONE), Sleep Apnea (RESOLVED)

MINI GOAL: 180lbs (Reached, yay), next MINI GOAL, 175 lbs (Reached, Yay), GOAL 170 lbs
(Reached, Yay), GOAL 160 lbs (REACHED...YAY!!!)

ericaFG
on 4/1/11 10:01 am - Cambridge, Canada
Really?  Couple ways you can deal with this.  Offer to volunteer/sit in on the class for a few days and see what you see.  If you in fact hear her yelling, ask her about it.  You noticing might be enough to make her realize what she's doing.

Otherwise, I'd be open and tell her.  "My son stayed home because he is really bothered by you raising your voice to other students.  Is something going on that's upsetting you?"

Are other kids complaining about this? some kids are more sensitive to loud voices...
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

mgmrich
on 4/1/11 1:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
I have actually met with her on two different occassions and had a meeting with the principal, Logan's Therapist, myself and my husband and his main teacher.  Other kids hve come home upset/crying because this "teacher" has ridiculed another child and the other kids were upset.  She called my son a Diva on more than one occassion.  She is a treat!!!

I have not sat in her class, however, I have sat in the hallway where she has been with other students.  These kids were only in grade 3 and she was so demeaning and intimidating to them that Ifelt I had to stand up and step in.  I know there have been many complaints but nothing has been done.

Her response, "That is how I am, I am strict".  "Maybe your son is too sensitive and negative, does anything make him happy" and it goes on and on.

Yes my son is VERY sensitive and while her bahavious may roll off some kids back, it's really affecting my son.

We decided on letting him stay home today but will be speaking further with his therapist as to where to go from here.  I needed a cool down period as well because at our last meeting I was not so diplomatic.

Marianne
Starting BMI: 48.8 (NOW 27.8) Comorbidities: Hypertension (GONE), High Cholesterol (NORMAL NOW), GERD (GONE), Sleep Apnea (RESOLVED)

MINI GOAL: 180lbs (Reached, yay), next MINI GOAL, 175 lbs (Reached, Yay), GOAL 170 lbs
(Reached, Yay), GOAL 160 lbs (REACHED...YAY!!!)

ericaFG
on 4/1/11 2:15 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Wow. If you've seen these things happen, I'd report that to her principal. Get other parents to do the same if they are having issues. Calling your son a "diva" - which could be construed as a homophobic slur- is not ok. It's not strict - it's inappropriate. I'd be tempted to ask if he could call her a "*****" in return (just kidding lol).

If what your son is describing is true and accurate, This could be called bullying by an adult. If the principal won't address it to your satisfaction, you can go above him/her. Try your school superintendent.

Good luck. And know that most teachers are caring individuals who would feel badly that your son was feeling so upset that he couldn't attend school....

Most Active
Recent Topics