For those who had 3 weeks Optifast...

Robyn E.
on 3/22/11 3:49 am - Midland, Canada
 What was your weight loss? Im a little stressed that my weightloss ie: liver fat content, is not enough. Im a really big girl and thought I'd lose like 20-30 lbs but Im 2 days before surgery and its only like 15 lbs. I'd just die if he got in there and had to close me up. I know its too late to do anything about it but still...
Robyn E. 
Referral August 6, '10 -- Info Session Oct 27, '10 -- 1st Surgeons Appt Nov 17, '10 -- Internist, Nut, SW Jan 5, '11 -- 2nd Nut, SW, Surgeon Appt Mar 3, '11 -- Surgery Date Mar 24th '11

Lil-Stinker
on 3/22/11 4:06 am, edited 3/22/11 4:36 am
I wouldnt worry because the body loses fat off vital organs first like the liver. So 15 lbs lost from your vitals is a lot.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Lisa_Toronto
on 3/22/11 4:19 am - Toronto, Canada
I lost 15 & Dr. Starr seemed pleased.  Others waiting with me for their surgery seemed to lose 15-18 as well.

You did just fine!

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
birdiegirl
on 3/22/11 4:23 am
Hi Robyn

I had the same amount of weight to lose as you - and I was also on 3 weeks of optifast - lost exactly 15 pounds
Surgery went very well and as you can see I did well with the program

You will do just great

Barb

Monica M.
on 3/22/11 4:24 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i lost about 15 pounds, Robyn. My surgery went fine. Don't sweat it, inside weight loss is different from outside weight loss. Just relax.

Robyn E.
on 3/22/11 4:28 am - Midland, Canada
 Thanks everyone :-)
Robyn E. 
Referral August 6, '10 -- Info Session Oct 27, '10 -- 1st Surgeons Appt Nov 17, '10 -- Internist, Nut, SW Jan 5, '11 -- 2nd Nut, SW, Surgeon Appt Mar 3, '11 -- Surgery Date Mar 24th '11

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 5:35 am - Toronto, Canada
Yep, I too lost 15 lbs. I thought it would be more because I am/was so big. I also started to fret that it wouldn't be enough and that I'd go under and come back out without having had the surgery, but I went into surgery and came out with no complications. Trust the doctors, they've done this enough times to know how long we should be on optifast. I know it's a stressful time right now, but relax, everything will be just fine.  :)

PS: Good Luck on your upcoming surgery!
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 6:16 am
I must be odd because I haven't weighed myself and it seems like everybody else is compelled to. They put me on 3 weeks and I just trust that I'll be fine because whether I weigh myself or not it's not going to affect how much I lose. The thought had occured to me what if I haven't lost enough off my liver but then I remembered the doctors know what they're doing.  So don't be stressed, Robyn, if they didn't think you'd be fine then they would have put you on it longer.
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 6:25 am - Toronto, Canada
 They won't close you up without doing something.  If you sign a permission form for them to do RNY or VSG, they will do at least a VSG if your liver hasn't shrunk enough.  There is a woman on this board that had this very thing happen.  Her liver didn't shrink enough during the optifast stage since she had significant fatty liver disease and she woke up with a VSG instead of an RNY....but she is doing great and losing weight with the VSG.
WendySt
on 3/22/11 6:38 am - Paris, Canada
I only lost 12 lbs.

HW 313, 61 lbs lost preop, SW 252, CW 170  143 lbs lost!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew
! 

Most Active
Recent Topics