No Insurance Coverage - help

Denny K.
on 5/26/03 11:56 am - chillicothe, oh
First off - congrats to all you losers. It is amazing and a inspirational the wonderful people who post to the message boards. At present, it is the only thing I seem to be able to cling to these days. Thanks so much for keeping it active. I love hearing your stories and how you are overcoming one obstacle after another. Sorry if this is rambling, but I was awake all night, and I'm a little (OK ALOT) spacey in the head today. Thank God I don't have to be in to wor****il tomorrow. I hope someone knows of somewhere in Central or southern Ohio that will accept me for WLS. I have UHC with very specific exclusion. I do not qualify for Medicaid due to income guidelines and I really want this surgery. After two years of research it was a major disappointment when I found my insurance would not cover the surgery. I'm afraid to get myself all excited again only to be plummeted down the emotional roller coaster. I've been in major depression - and my shrink and shrinkette (shrinkette is my mental health counselor - she keeps me sane) have both been sympathetic but I think it's going to take more than tea and sympathy. Best to all, and please if you can help, e-mail me and put ObesityHelp in the subject line, so I don't delete with all the junk mail and offers to enlarge an organ, being female, I don't even have. Thanks Denny
Debi F.
on 5/26/03 3:59 pm - Cincinnati, Oh
Denny, I'm sorry to hear about all your woes and wish I could help but I know of someone who can at least give you some advise. Her name is Sandy Pierce and she's the founder of the Midwest Losers. Go and talk with her. You can get a hold of her at IMNOTFATANYMORE.COM click on site members and you can e-mail her directly. I hope I helped you in some way. Good luck on your journey and keep the faith.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1122 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1501 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2382 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2285 views