Good Morning

Moma V.
on 5/7/03 4:32 am - Frogtown, OH
Nothing new to report on myself, but I just wanted to be one of the first to post on our local board ;). I do want to say though if anyone hears of a new surgeon in NW Ohio, Please contact me. I don't have the means to travel too far for this surgery as I am a single mom on disability. Thank you and God Bless!
Pottermom88
on 5/7/03 5:49 am - Toledo, OH
Hi, Vickie, I don't know where you are in NW Ohio, but I am going to Dr. Sapala in Michigan because he does the newest micropouch. I know there are surgeons here in the Toledo area who perform some of the different bariatric surgeries. Don't know if any of this helps, but wanted to say hello as well. Maryalice
srowe/ohio
on 5/7/03 5:50 am - Bellevue, Oh
Hi Vickie, Have you tried Dr Hess or Dr Oakley in Bowling Green, Oh.? I'm almost 5 wks out, I had Dr Hess. I think he's a wonderful DR. Wood County hospital was super too......Good luck to you. Sandy Rowe
Moma V.
on 5/7/03 6:13 am - Frogtown, OH
Hi! Thanks for joining me here. Last time I talked to Dr Hess's office they would not accept my insurance. I am on Medicaid due to a disability. I have also contacted Dr Sapala's office and have been waiting to hear back from them regarding my insurance. I am in Toledo... There is only 1 surgeon left here that I know of that does RNY... Dr Mark Kligman, which I have a seminar in December with. Most of the surgeons listed on the surgeon page HAVE DROPPED bariatrics from their practice, I know I've made so many phone calls. So if you know of a surgeon that's not listed there, please do e-mail me @[email protected] Dr. Timothy Duckett in Maumee is doing Lap-band also, but I do not feel that is the right "tool" for me. Thanks, have a great day!
Pottermom88
on 5/7/03 5:05 pm - Toledo, OH
Vickie, We must be "neighbors," then! I think I would be bugging Sapala's office. You deserve to have an answer - how tough can it be to find out if they will accept your insurance. I would think one phone call from their office would shake loose what they need to know. I know I haven't been at this nearly as long as many people on this site, but it bugs me that it takes so long. Yes, I know this is major surgery, irreversible for the most part, and not meant to be done with haste. BUT -- when someone has all the necessary documentation, goes through a psych evaluation to determine important facts about a person's emotional health, and on and on and on......why does it take more than that? And if there is a tool, a very fine tool, which allows us to live an enriched and full life, why is it that insurance companies get to make determination? Sometimes I feel like I am back in the gladiator times, where the king went thumbs uo or thumbs down. And I never win anything,.,,,,ever!! Sorry - guess I needed to vent a bit. Hang in there! Maryalice
Kelly M.
on 5/16/03 5:14 pm - portsmouth, Oh
Hi Vickie , If you go Central Ohio , Columbus at the University Hosptial is Dr Needleman he does the RNY if that is what you are looking into??
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1123 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1502 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2383 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2286 views