Does anyone have knowledge/review/opinion of Mt. Carmel's surgeions/program...

K Pearl
on 5/14/13 1:17 am
RNY on 09/18/13

Hello everyone,

Due to several issues I've had with Fresh Start Bariatrics at Riverside, I'm considering switching to the program at Mt. Carmel. I've finished all the requirements at Riverside and I'm now at the point where my info is ready to be submitted to insurance.

Does anyone have experience with the surgeons at Mt. Carmel (Price, Choban, Miller)? Is the office staff friendly, attentive, responsive? What was your hospital stay like? Are the aftercare classes worthwhile?  Any info you can provide is much appreciated as I make this decision.

THANK YOU!

Kathylynn
KLS_Ohio

freetolive2
on 5/14/13 11:46 am
VSG on 05/21/13

We went to the informational seminar at Mt Carmel, and Dr. Choban did the meeting.  They seemed like a very good group, the only problem is, is that they wanted 300.00 out of pocket for processing insurance papers and another 200.00 for nutritional services that are not covered under insurance but have to be paid out of pocket.  Since my husband and I are both having the surgery that would be 1000.00 and we just couldn't afford that.  We are having our surgery in Dayton,Oh.

K Pearl
on 5/14/13 11:55 pm
RNY on 09/18/13
Thanks for your response! Good luck to you both.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1123 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1502 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2383 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2286 views