Creating Columbus Support group. Need help!

Kim B.
on 5/18/13 2:26 pm - worthington, OH
RNY on 04/15/13

Ok, I've had a few people private message me about how they agree that Columbus does need a support group not affiliated with a hospital.  I want to set it up on meetup.com, so its not officially affiliated with OH.  I'm looking for a few people who would like to help me manage this.  Ideas, plan/go to meetings etc.  I have no problem being the person to pull the trigger, but I don't want to do it all.  I have a feeling this could get rather big, and if it does I'd like to have events fairly frequently.   

Also, I'm looking for ideas on a name for it.  Any suggestions??

HW: 425lbs 11/2013, Pre-surgery 410.3lbs 4/15/2013
Find Me on Facebook name "Kim Wls Journey"

Tammy H.
on 8/29/13 3:15 pm - Greenville, OH

Hi...I just came across your posting and was curious as to how things are going...Did you get a group started?  And if so, did you come up with a name?  I started a group 5 years ago...We are known as * Little by Little* Weight Loss Support Group...We have approx 12-15 active members...I can share some program ideas, if you have a group started...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Tryintogettheresoon
on 10/3/13 2:20 am - Columbus, OH
RNY on 06/25/12

I would love to help with the group or planning. we definitely need a support.  Let me know @ [email protected]

Andie
on 12/31/13 2:00 pm - FRANKFORT, OH

I live in Frankfort, Ohio which is between Chillicothe and Washington C.H. and was wondering if you have been able to get the support group going?  If so can you give me the info...I really need to attend.

Thanks,

Kim B.
on 1/4/14 10:53 pm - worthington, OH
RNY on 04/15/13

No, I never got around to it.  I'd love to join one, but just don't have the time to create and manage one.

Kim B.
on 1/23/14 11:42 pm - worthington, OH
RNY on 04/15/13

Many People have been interested in this meetup group, and i'm ready to start it.  Just need a name to start.  Does anybody have any good ideas?  Akron has a group called Moving Forward which I really like, but of course don't want to copy.  I'd like something to reflect the future of our lives.

Ideas I had for the group are outings Like a 5k (walking or running), Skiing/tubing/snowboarding, Zipline park, maybe create our own excerise class for a one time or once a month event.  Something fun.  Book Club (motivating books, or books to remind us where we were).  Maybe a big trip once a year?  New York to go shopping? Cruise?   I don't want to do food related things, as thats what got us to where we are/were. 

I'm sure like others, my friendships are changing.  I'm looking to do things i've never done before, which my friends don't want to do.  I'm looking to make new friends who understand the changes we are going through, and want to do new things.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1122 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1502 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2383 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2286 views