Dayton

myahsmommy
on 12/31/12 3:58 am - OH
DS on 12/18/12

Just trying again to reach anyone in or around the Dayton area.  Had my DS 12/18!  Any other DSers? Or WLS?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

firelle
on 1/1/13 10:26 am
VSG on 02/26/13

I live in Findlay, but I have an appointment with Dr. Teel on the 7th to discuss the DS!

myahsmommy
on 1/1/13 11:00 pm - OH
DS on 12/18/12

Dr. Teel is awesome!  Just had my 2wk follow up with him this morning.  Ask questions!!!  He'll answer as many as  you have the best that he can.  He's honest and frank about it, just wants to make sure that you are prepared for it!  Bring a list of anything you've thought about, any concerns, etc.  Good luck!!!

firelle
on 1/6/13 11:45 am
VSG on 02/26/13

Excellent! How are you doing/feeling so far? I have a whole heap o' random questions that I haven't been able to find answers to online, so hopefully he will bear with me. I'm really anxious to have my surgery - have been going through the hoops since July.

-Heather

myahsmommy
on 1/7/13 6:55 am - OH
DS on 12/18/12

Doing good.  Still regaining the stamina I lost with the surgery.  I'm not used to that.  Now,  15 minutes at the gym and I'm exhausted.  Once around the mall and I'm done!  Still a little pain on the right side, but I'm not complaining yet! :)  I hope your appointment went well today.  Hope Dr. Teel answered all your questions.

Hoops since July?  It took me 4 months from my initial appt to surgery.  I hope things start speeding up for you!  Good luck!

firelle
on 1/8/13 4:09 am
VSG on 02/26/13

Dr. Teel was awesome, I liked how brutally honest he was with me. He forcefully turned me away from the DS though, and really, REALLY recommended the sleeve for me. I thought for sure I was a good DS candidate. What was it that made him want to perform it for you? Did you have pretty bad diabetes?

-Heather

firelle
on 1/8/13 4:15 am, edited 1/8/13 4:16 am
VSG on 02/26/13

Doh, I just read your profile, which really explains it. broken heart  He spent an HOUR talking with me yesterday, which was really cool. He could've just said no, gave a quick explanation why he thought the sleeve was a better choice for me, and left.

-Heather

Robber
on 1/18/13 5:23 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 02/12/13

Yeah, Dr. Teel talked me out of the DS and iinto the VSG as well.

Valerie G.
on 1/16/13 8:05 am, edited 1/16/13 8:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Hi Heather!

I'm in Lebanon - 7 years post op DS

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

firelle
on 1/19/13 3:17 am
VSG on 02/26/13

Robber, I talked a little more with the staff there, and found out Dr. Maguire no longer performs the DS, and that Dr. Siddiqui might, but it's very seldom. They apparently have really turned away from that surgery! I'm waiting for insurance approval right now for the sleeve from Dr. Teel. It was submitted to ins on the 9th, and I haven't heard anything yet, and my calls to insurance only tell me it's still in review. I know it can take up to two weeks, but it feels like forever. I'm a nervous wreck.

Valerie   I stayed at the Golden Lamb Inn when I was a kid and didn't care about historic buildings or anything besides my Game Boy. Don't remember much about it except that downtown was beautiful compared to my hometown with its one stoplight.

-Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1140 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1517 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2397 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2299 views