CLEVELAND AREA SUPPORT GROUP

CarlyFJM
on 6/6/12 1:35 am - WESTLAKE, OH
VSG on 05/18/12
Hello everyone!  I'm looking for a bariatric surgery support group on the West side of Cleveland (I live in Westlake).  If none exists, I'd like to start one!  If you would be interested, please let me know!  I would probably try to schedule meetings at the Westlake Library (if they would let me).  Just to give you an idea of location.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Carly F.J.M.

Krista1215
on 6/23/12 10:39 am - OH
I don't know where you had your surgery, but i know that University Hospitals holds a support group once a month...
OhioSteve
on 8/20/12 11:03 am
Hi Carly,

There are a few DS patients around Cleveland including myself. I'm about 4 years out at the moment.

I'm not aware of any supports groups in the Cleveland area for WLS patients except the ones at the hospital, and they tend to be surgery specific or exclude anyone not in their programs.

In short, Cleveland REALLY needs a general WLS support group! Even just a casual monthly get together/dinner would be awesome.

Steve

Steve in Cleveland, Ohio - BPD/DS 02/25/2008
The WLS information site you can edit and improve! www.wlswiki.com
jsunflower2001
on 8/25/12 3:12 pm - Solon, OH
VSG on 12/11/12
I am in Solon and apart of a group that meets once a month but its a bit far for you!

“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.? ~Pat Riley

ArcanaDagger
on 9/4/12 7:51 pm - Westlake, OH
DS on 08/06/12
 Also, where and when are the Solon meetings?

ArcanaDagger
on 8/29/12 9:31 am - Westlake, OH
DS on 08/06/12
I'm in Westlake too and I've only heard of one support group...It's in Parma and they meet at Denny's on Mondays. I CAN'T confirm it, I've never been to it but...If someone started a group around here, I'd love to come! I'm 3 weeks post DS.

jsunflower2001
on 9/6/12 9:41 am - Solon, OH
VSG on 12/11/12
The Solon meeting is on the 24th of this month at Donatos on kruse dr! If you want to come just let me know!
“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.? ~Pat Riley

Etresage
on 4/21/17 8:59 pm
RNY on 06/01/17

Does the Solon group still meet?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1123 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1502 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2383 views