Panniculectomy, Angioplasty, etc

RosemerryOhio
on 8/20/11 7:38 am

Can anyone suggest a surgeon in the Lima, Ohio, area who performs
pannis, angioplastys, & other plastic surgeries?  Thanks!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/20/11 12:18 pm - OH
A plastic surgeon would not perform an angioplasty  (which is the widening of a narrowed blood vessel).  I assume you meant abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  There are a number of good plastic surgeons in Dayton but I am not aware of any north of town. 

If you are looking for a PS to do a panniculectomy covered by insurance, however, that is going to be difficult because most of the Dayton area plastic surgeons have all banded together and decided that -- even if your insurance approves it as medically necessary -- they will NOT submit a panniculectomy to insurance because THEY allegedly believe it is cosmetic.  It has nothing to do with cosmetic versus necessary.... it has to do with the low insurance reimbursement rates for panni removal.  They will want you to pay them in full prior to surgery.  I only currently know of one who -- as of a year ago -- would accept insurance for a panni removal. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

RosemerryOhio
on 8/20/11 11:15 pm

OK  thanks for the correction in terms.   When I call a surgeon's office, I'll be sure
to first ask if the doctor accepts insurance payments.  If not, I'll move on.  My
insurance also covers Indiana doctors & hospitals.  Since I live near the IN-OH
state line, I may try Ft. Wayne or Richmond.  I still have plenty of time to research
before I need this surgery done. 
codlover
on 8/22/11 10:19 am - Celina, OH
Mark Mathieson M.D. ... Office is called Sterling Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc. He is on Allentown Rd. and I think has done at least one or two members of our local support group.
Now I have to invite you to our support group, We meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month at Lima Memorial Hospital. If you want more information, just let me know. Dr. Mathieson has been a speaker at our meeting in the past.
Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
RosemerryOhio
on 8/24/11 1:48 pm

Hi Codliver,

I've seen Dr. Mathieson's name.  Good to know he does pannis. I have also seen Dr. Akers name.  Someone I know had a breast reduction by him.  I've looked at his website & nowhere does it
advertise he does pannis, etc.  Also, thanks for the invite to the support group.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1143 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1520 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2398 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2300 views