Ulcer and Stricture

Marcy L.
on 10/6/04 11:47 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Yesterday I was seen by Dr. Robert Kodsi he performed an Endoscopy and found that I have a ulcer where my new stomach and small bowel were connected this led to the development of a Stricture. Treatment for the ulcer Carafate LIQUID suspension and Prevacid for not one, not two but SIX weeks. People this Carafate taste like death warmed over after a whole week of tequila shots!!!!! Man it's HORRIBLE. Let me just put it out there I hate taking liquid medication. I'm constantly fighting the urge to BARF!!!! He states that if I continue to have a hard time drinking water and or eating then he'll go in and stretch/open the closing. Medically his first concern is treating the ulcer in hopes that once that's treated it will cause the tissues to relax and the sticture will open on it's own. So to everyone out there thanks for the support. On a lighter note I lost another two pounds. Marcia
Evelyn L.
on 10/7/04 2:21 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Marcia, I am so sorry you are having these difficulties I hope that liquid stuff really works for you so they don't have to go in again. I will be praying for you. Hope all goes well. Hang in there Marcia! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Evelyn
Marcy L.
on 10/7/04 2:36 am - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Evelyn, What helps make all this better is knowing that I can post!!!! I'm trying to take it easy and just breathe somewhat challenging while trying to surpress the gag and barf reflex. Take care of yourself and I look forward to updating when I'm 100 percent better!!!! What have you been up to????? Marcia
Evelyn L.
on 10/7/04 3:20 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Well I have this cold and it's really kicking my BUTT right now. I am waiting for the doc to get out of surgery so he can let me know what kind of medicine I can take. I was taking Tylenol Cold but I really don't think it's working and now I am getting this awful cough and it hurts my chest(congested). I don't know I just wish he would call I am feeling worse as the day goes by and I don't have any time left to take off or I would be home right now believe me I wouldn't be here, so I just have to stick it out I can't wait to go home. I don't even have an appitite and I am trying to get in my fluids but I have to be honest I have only gotten in 1 16oz glass of water. I really hope all goes well for you. I am thinking of you. Take care and have a great day! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Evelyn
Renee H.
on 10/7/04 3:36 am - Bronx, NY
Hope you feel better soon Evelyn. So many new things to learn post-op - even what meds to take when you're sick. *sheesh* Get some rest and be well soon.
Evelyn L.
on 10/7/04 3:51 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Thank you so much Renee. After work I am going straight home to bed and stay there until I have to get up tomorrow for work {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
msmercyme
on 10/7/04 3:41 am - Yonkers, NY
Hey Sistha Girl, Well as you see I am up at the front again.. Girl I am starting to think I should act like this heffa to get away with murder.. .. It just gets to me bad.. I look like the up here.. Going forward... Well baby girl I am sad to hear that you are not doing well and that you have to be in that nasty medication, however, ya better take it all, please you're a trooper and you even cheat.. (ya know what I'm talking about 6 weeks, ) Hope you feel better soon. Girl about my post you know me, had to open my mouth and sure say something.. Is all good BIG girls have fun too and sure have a mouth, usually skinny heffas don't even dare to step to us, they are scared we might wipped their behinds.. I miss you and shortly we will all try to catch up.. It's been hectic.. Love you baby girl.. & Mercedes
Renee H.
on 10/7/04 4:25 am - Bronx, NY
Marcia! Girl, now you know if we are going to be on similar paths, we need to make it an EASIER ONE, ok? You know I am feeling you on this and so sorry that you have to go thru what I have been going thru. Just when things were going so well. But you know what, sis, we will get thru this. I too have a stricture and an ulcer. Lord knows which came first. I had to be dialated though. Not that it's a big deal because you don't feel a thing and by now, endoscopies are a no-biggie for me. Still, let's pray that the worst of this is behind us. I mean I'm happy to be down 52 lbs. but that last 8 pounds came off a little to fast. *shrug* Hope you are on the mend soon, sweetie and I will speak with you soon. Renee -52 lbs.
Renee H.
on 10/7/04 4:25 am - Bronx, NY
Marcia! Girl, now you know if we are going to be on similar paths, we need to make it an EASIER ONE, ok? You know I am feeling you on this and so sorry that you have to go thru what I have been going thru. Just when things were going so well. But you know what, sis, we will get thru this. I too have a stricture and an ulcer. Lord knows which came first. I had to be dialated though. Not that it's a big deal because you don't feel a thing and by now, endoscopies are a no-biggie for me. Still, let's pray that the worst of this is behind us. I mean I'm happy to be down 52 lbs. but that last 8 pounds came off a little to fast. *shrug* Hope you are on the mend soon, sweetie and I will speak with you soon. Renee -52 lbs.
Glenda-H
on 10/7/04 1:09 pm - New York, NY
Hey Marcia I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Soon you will be your old self again. My thoughts, well wishes and prayers are with you. Be strong and be encouraged. Trouble don't last always. Peace, and God's blessings always. Glenda
Most Active
Recent Topics