C.O.B.R.A

ladya2999
on 10/6/04 10:53 pm - lake City, FL
Hi everyone, I no i don't post much but I am here everyday. Does anyone no how much cobra Ins. cost? and is the coverage the same as regular ins? My company is closing in dec. I just found out Monday night by memo. I have my consult done, psyc. done, nutrition done, pcp referal. I'm just waiting to get moving to the testing and so on. I'm so close. Thanks for listening. you all have been so helpful in many ways. I am so glad I found this site. thanks again.
Evelyn L.
on 10/6/04 11:01 pm - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Hi Tina, I think the cost is very high a month. I was talking about COBRA yesterday and my friend say's it's around $700.00 to $800.00 a month I don't know how true that is and also I ahev been told that they are not that great either. I am sorry I can't help you. Why don't you give them a call and ask them. Also ask what you get by taking insurance from them (what they cover...ya know) Evelyn
ladya2999
on 10/6/04 11:25 pm - lake City, FL
Thanks I'll try to get ahold of them again. seems they are very busy
Nannette
on 10/6/04 11:45 pm - Toms River, NJ
The cost of Cobra will depend on the cost that your employer is currently paying -- it is the same insurance you have now with your job, just not as an employee. You will pay 100% of the premium, plus another 2% administrative costs for the administration of the plan. I am an ex-benefits administrator so know this topic well. Although you currently probably contribute to your medical coverage thru work, your employer is still paying a piece of it as your benefit. Under Cobra the empoyer doesn't pay anything and you are responsible for the whole enchilada -- Yes, it can be expensive and the amounts that Evelyn quoted are probably in the right ballpark. You can only carry if up to 18 months. If you need any more info, give me a shout. LAP RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/163/150?
Evelyn L.
on 10/7/04 3:57 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Hey there Nannette! You lookk so beautiful !!!!!!! Just had to let you know. Have a great day! Evelyn {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} 247/165/137-135
Most Active
Recent Topics