Hi everybody!!!! Well, I ...

StephanieF
on 10/6/04 6:56 am - Rocky Point, NY
Hi everybody!!!! Well, I made it, I'm offically a BANDSTER!!! You're all probably surprised to see me on the board since I only had surgery YESTERDAY... but I am happy to report that the Vicodin is kickin' in, and I'm feeling a whole lot better! LOL!! The hospital called me the night before to confirm my time, which was supposed to be 11am, but they had moved me up to 7:30am, so I was to be there at 5:30. They are so great at Good Sam. Dr. Cussatti is a dreamboat (to all that have him as a surgeon, the feeling is unanimous). He came up early this morning to check on me and even came down to radiology to oversee my Gastrograph test (swallow test). The surgery was uneventful, as my wonderful angel Jane Abrams Tucker let you all know, and I was up and walking the same day. I'm definitely sore in the incision sites, but the worst pain is in the shoulders where the CO2 gas has settled. Darn, that is painful!! I also find it really hard to burp up any gas, and once i feel it rise, it goes immediately to my right shoulder... ouch!!! So, I was discharged from Good Sam this afternoon at 2:30, and took my first pain pill (crushed of course) and it started kicking in about 20 minutes ago. I managed to get into the shower all by myself and it totally makes a big difference in how I feel. My angelettes Jane, Susan, Debbie and Alice... thank you so much for being there for me. I so appreciate the support you have given me throughout it all! You've all helped in so many different ways, and I don't want you to think I forgot about anything you have done for me. You each helped me out in your own special way and it touches my heart deeply. I want you to know that if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to call on me for the same. I want to send a special thank you to all that posted on my surgery support page, at both the Lap Band and NY Forums, and also a special thanks to Alice W that called me at the hospital to check on me... you all are so incredibly sweet and thoughtful! When I opened my email just a while ago, each and every one of them (40 to be exact) were from you great people from OH. I must say, it brought tears to my eyes! Well, I think I am going to get some rest, that pain pill is really kickin' my butt!!! Till we meet again, Steph, The Big Loser...
Glenda-H
on 10/6/04 7:04 am - New York, NY
Hi Steph Congratulations on your uneventful surgery and welcome to the loser's side. Wishing you all the best as you continue to travel this journey. Glenda
TberryRose
on 10/6/04 7:54 am
Hi Steph Welcome Home and to the Loser's Side! Wow--they cut you loose fast! I was in Southside for two days. Get your rest, enjoy those crazy vicoden dreams. So happy all went well!!! Hugs Marianne
Crystal P.
on 10/6/04 9:20 am - Watertown, NY
Steph: Way to go. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I am scheduled for next Thursaday at Syracuse University Hospital. Here's to your new life :bear: Cris P.
Evelyn L.
on 10/6/04 10:31 pm - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Stephaine, Congratulations to you & Welcome to the losing side. I am so Happy for you. Have a wonderful day and get some rest and dont forget to drink, drink, drink. Evelyn
Most Active
Recent Topics