Post Op Constipation

TberryRose
on 10/4/04 1:30 am
Hi Everyone I am sorry to bring up such a yucky issue but I am wondering what to do. I have always been a very regular person up until a few days ago. I have no idea why I cannot go. When I feel the urge all that passes is gas. Have any of you gone through this? Tomorrow I will be two weeks out and before I take anything I want to check and see what is OK or not Ok to do. Is this an indication that something is wrong????? Marianne
Mery Martinez
on 10/4/04 1:50 am - ELMHURST, NY
Marianne I had the same problem for the first couple of days after surgery. What worked for me was some prune juice. I dont think anything is wrong. Remember we are not eating as much. (hope this was helpful) Mery &
Evelyn L.
on 10/4/04 2:01 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Mariann, I went through the same thing and I still do at times. Like Mery said the "prune Juce" Don't do too much or you will be on the throne a lot Feel better. Evelyn
Marcy L.
on 10/4/04 4:09 am - Brooklyn, NY
Marianne, Hope this is helpful. Peppermint tea. Yup that's what worked for me. But also remember like Mery said your not putting a lot in so don't expect a big output. Try the tea and the juice and if your stomach feels really hard contact your doctor maybe they can recommend a laxative. Hopefully it wont get to that point. Marcia
Angela H.
on 10/4/04 12:21 pm - Elmira, NY
I did a post on Constipation a while back and it is no fun. I thought, I was going to have to be admitted to the hospital that. I had such a problem trying to go and it got so bad. I was bleeding badly and after this first time. I said it would never happen again when you get to eat regular it should get better for you but my doctor and dietician told me to do Prune Juice or Apple Cider and I drink a full glass of apple juice a day and doing just fine so try that and good luck. Angela Harris
Most Active
Recent Topics