Horrible weekend

Marcy L.
on 10/3/04 11:19 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Good Morning to my AMOS family. Hope that the circle of life continues to embrace, protect, guide and love each and everyone. Wanted to post this morning about a HORRIBLE weekend. Friday I went out to dinner with friends for my birthday and ordered baked cod. Tasted great was concerned about the sight of oil but ate the top didn't venture down to the bottom of the plate where the oil was lurking had about six pieces. Once I got home whoa momma. My stomach was UPSET!!!!! you know that feeling when you want to hurl but you just make a whole lot of saliva that was me. I was terrified that I slept up right all night waiting for the much needed retching which never came. Saturday morning a lot better drank some snapple (WRONG MOVE) Man did that stuff start all over again. Down hill from there. Didn't hurl, retch or vomit but I felt as though I was on a continuous roller coaster ride!!!! I had the sweats, shivers, and get this ran a fever. My fiance was very nervous since I never get sick. I drank some soup and hit the bed. Okay so Sunday morning I had a piece of potato bread toasted with a tip of butter. thirty minutes later drank some Ruby red grapefruit juice. BAD MOVE!!!!!! whatever rememants was lurking in my stomach was QUICKLY and I mean QUICKLY re-activated. So here I go again just feeling really bad. Okay now so it's sunday every woman knows what this means. LAST minutes chores for the coming week. So I dragged myself to Target. I had a HORRIBLE taste in my mouth so I purchased Ice Breakers popped one and WHAM!!!!! that was the end of me I had cramps, tons of saliva and that feeling of needing to hurl again minus the hurl. Man I was messed up for the entire night. It felt as if I had a rock stuck in my chest and it wasn't nice. Nothing helped. I drank water, forced myself to burp but the rock didn't budge. About 1:00am I realized the rock moved. I'm going to call my doctor this morning and find out what the "rock" maybe. But I've learned some very valuable lessons this past weekend that I wanted to share with my family. 1. Regardless of how nice it looks if you can see the oil don't eat it!!!!!!! 2. Drinking Snapple on an empty stomach is a NO-No 3. Ice Breakers are dangerous and should have a warning on the package for all post-op. 4. Avoid and I mean avoid all things that are sour and highly acidic 5. My new tummy is still finding it's place so I should allow it to do so by not traumatizing it. 6. When feeling sick instantly revert back to clear liquids So Thanks for reading and any suggestions or similar horro stories are welcomed. Have a great day. I'm having some porridge and feeling like myself again but after the porridge I'm going on clear liquids for two days to clear my system. Marcia
msmercyme
on 10/4/04 12:41 am - Yonkers, NY
Hey Baby Girl, I am so sorry to hear that 2 of my loved ones did not do so well this weekend.. Honey I can only suggest that you go on liquids to flush your stomach out, I have not had the surgery, but have read a lot on it. I recommend that you drink a lot of hot tea, chamomile if possible and you would tolorate it.. Also take some broths, this warm feeling will probably help with clearing up your stomach and bad "ROCK".. Try to drink as much fluids as possible to have this thing move along the way and flu**** down with the liquids.. Sistha girl, now you know.. Stay away from the oil.. is a big lol.. Well baby girl hope you feel better.. Love you.. Mercedes &
Marcy L.
on 10/4/04 2:42 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hi Sistha, Thanks!!!! I'm not even going to try tea at this point. Doc thinks it might be a ulcer so will see gastro doc and hopefully get the skinny. I hate feeling like this. Your right about the oil. Marcia
~~Angel~~
on 10/4/04 12:47 am - Buffalo, NY
It only takes once to learn. I have never done Snapple - it's just sugar water. I prefer the not so sweet stuff, like Propel or Hansen's Energy Water, which has flavor and added vitamins and can be found at clearing houses like Big Lots CHEAP. I got the rock feeling from trying to eat half a bagel. I had to sleep it off. My tiny tummy felt like a little lead balloon. Do ya think I could *hurl* to get rid of it? No such luck. Pouchie was gonna punish me for putting that heavy crap in there! My favorite when I feel sick is to go back to a cream of wheat day. That's my comfort food, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and some splenda. It is soothing, has a little protein in it and makes me full, without making me ill. Good luck to you ~
Evelyn L.
on 10/4/04 12:56 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Oh Boy Marcia! I am so sorry you were feeling so aweful. I know the feeling. Every once in a while that happens to me and man let me tell you I just wanna die! As a matter a fact yesterday I was feeling that way. I made myself throw up and then I dozed off for a while and felt better when I got up. I am happy you are feeling better today. I do agree about the pouch don't test it, It will get you in the end! Have a great day. Evelyn
iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 1:21 am - BROOKLYN, NY
oh Sweetie I so sorry you had such a horrible week-end and felt this way. Glad you are feeling better and beware of what goes in your mouth. I agree don't be tempted by looks. Christine
Mery Martinez
on 10/4/04 1:53 am - ELMHURST, NY
Marcia Sorry to hear you had such a bad weekend. I have gotten sick three times already, so I know exactly how you feel. We just have to watch what we eat. Hope you get better. Mery &
N. J.
on 10/4/04 2:28 am - Bronx, NY
Marcia, I think you are trying things too soon. for instant I am still not allowed juice. I would have never had grapfruit juice at a month out. As for the Snapple is it diet snapple? Make sure ur drinks have no sugar. Stick to crystal ligh****ER Herbal decaf tea, Diet snapple. In the beginning stick to blander foods little by little work things in. Your new pouch is so sensitive. It takes time to adapt to foods. I think of it like this. Its as if ur a baby again u do liquids pureed foods soft foods then Regular foods. You are basically starting from scratch. Intime you will be able to test things out. I still have days where i can't do something but a week later it works for me. Each day is different follow ur docs rules and guidlines and u wont get sick. Nicole -141
Glenda-H
on 10/5/04 1:53 am - New York, NY
Hey Marcia I'm sorry to hear that you were not feeling well. However, its good to know that you are beginning to feel like yourself again. I felt that way the other day when I made me some potato soup in which I thinned with 1% milk and wham it made me so sick. Felt like I had to throw up but couldn't. I had to lie down for a couple of hours and napped. After that, I felt better and say no more potato anything. I learned my lesson, but also I afraid to try anything new. My pouch gets very full fast so when it's time for me to advance to soft foods, I don't know how I will be able to intake the foods. I don't like that sick feeling. What type of porridge do you make? Wishing you all the best and be well. Peace and blessings. Glenda
Most Active
Recent Topics