NEWBIE here....anyone doing RNY in Cooperstown NY?

brenlee1965
on 7/17/12 9:04 am - New Berlin, NY
Such a long process and still waiting for the surgery date....AUGH.
 Bren                
kmonkeydez
on 8/23/12 3:02 pm - NY
RNY on 08/30/12
 how long have you been going thru this  I started this journey July 3 and I have a surgery date of August  30th  in Schenectady

KMendez
drdawnhopper
on 10/20/12 12:36 am - voorheesville, NY
Hi, I know there is someone in Utica. Albany and Schenectady too.  Oh the wait is long.  And so is the process!  keep up your support systems! 
nanasboys
on 10/20/12 3:12 pm - NY
Welcome, I from the Capital District. Completed all my requirements (RNY), finally received the call with the insurance approval, last step setting up my date. My surgeon is Dr Trivedi St. Peter's Hospital. Where are you going. Seems like people I know that use Ellis have a more speedy process than I have experience through St. Peter's..
katie G.
on 12/11/12 9:43 am
Im 3 months post op through ellis. Seminar in may. First weigh in end of july and could have had surg in august but waited till september due to work...
gracesmadonna
on 5/6/13 7:58 pm - Hudson Falls, NY

I am having gastric bypass on May 22 with Dr. panemanglore.  Any advice?

katie G.
on 5/6/13 9:57 pm
my journeys been a unique one. I got pregnant shortly after surgery (I'm due in 7 wks) so I'm not 100% sure what's been related to surgery vs preg vs a combo. but most importantly WALK as soon as u can as much as u can. it was more difficult for me to recover to the physical and emotional changes than it was to actually recover from actual surg. I had it done laprascopic and had bruising but had trouble wrfapping my mind around why I couldn't just get up and go after... mainly the fatigue. I've got a pretty ggood pain tolerance. give urself pleanty of time to rest, don't forget to walk, and just listen to ur body. and know that u really r more fertile after surgery. I got my period before I left the hospital and was pregnant by my one month checkup (didn't know it then)
gracesmadonna
on 5/8/13 11:16 am - Hudson Falls, NY

Thank you and congratulations... I have a 9 yr. old and a 20 month old, I hope I am done lol. 

Most Active
Recent Topics