Hey Everybody! I didn't know that we have a place for us here!

Angel1974
on 6/2/12 11:37 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Hi I am Jedaya from the Bronx.  I am having my surgery tomorrow at 9:20am with Dr. Silberstein at Sound Shore in New Rochelle, NY.

My weight has being an issued for me all of my life.   I am "the fat one" in the family.   I am doing this more than for cosmetic it is more for health issue.  I have Sleep apnea, I have an irregular heart beat, i am borderline diabetic, and my blood pressure is a little in the high part.    My family history for medical issues is long and scary. 

My mom suffers from Diabetes, HBP, High Cholesterol.  My father has three stems in his heart, both my grandmothers died of heart attacks.  

This process was not that long for me.  I attended the seminar at the end of January.   I started the process right away.  I had my appointment with the Dr and the NUT the following week and started the insurance approval process.  

I am very lucky that my primary doctor  and cardiologist were on board with me from day one.  I actually wanted to do the Band and she suggested the Sleeve instead.

I thought the hardest part was getting my weight loss history.  Turned out that the easiest thing for me.  I was able to get my records from WW.  The hardest part was the fact that i had very low iron and I had to get Iron fusion.   Getting stick with needles twice in one week, plus all of the blood test after was not easy for me.

Now that everything is done, I am a bit nervous but at the same time,  I am ready for my new life to begin.  To hit that reset button in my life and start new.  I already sign up at the gym and hire a trainer.  We will start working together July 16, 2012.   I am looking forward to see what the future has instore for me.

I am happy that I have found this website.  That i have found people like me.  Nice to meet you all.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

Most Active
Recent Topics