OMG... talk to me about.......

Donna S.
on 2/29/12 11:11 pm - BRONX, NY
Nov 9th 2011 was my surgery.  I am feeling great.  No problems Thank God until now.   I notice my hair is falling out more often and plenty of it.  Does anyone know how long this will last, will it ever stop.  I have thick curly hair and plenty of it but really concerned.  help me some answers or things I could do to help it.  Thanks guys for listening
Father Don
on 3/1/12 6:19 am - Charleston, SC
1.  It will stop
2. Are you getting all your vitamins in?  If so, are they designed for WLS?  Due to mal-absorbtion, "normal" vitamins may not get into your system.
3.  If you are tremendously concerned, call your surgeon's office. 
4.  Ask at your sugeon's support group of anyone have similar experience 4 months out....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Donna S.
on 3/1/12 9:16 pm - BRONX, NY
thanks Tom, I am def. getting my vitamins in plus my protein drinks.
IleneRachel
on 3/17/12 8:15 am - Massapequa, NY
 You may still need to up your protein count. That is one of the most important things to consider concerning hair loss. If it doesn't slow down, contact your dr. Good luck!

~~ Ilene Rachel 

RNY 06/22/2004 - top weight loss 134.5 lbs (incl. 20 pre-op)
03/2012 -  Researching the BOB revision, having regained approx. 76 lbs 

brenlee1965
on 7/17/12 9:12 am - New Berlin, NY
Make sure you get protein....take biotin and make sure you are not Zinc deficient. Good luck. I have read that not getting your protein in the first few months, makes a big difference as you get 4-6mths out. Don't know if this is your case; but there's also good shampoo that can help(I forget the name at the moment....if I think of it, I will share it with ya).Wishin you the best.
 Bren                
Most Active
Recent Topics