I GOT MY SURGERY DATE!!!

lovemykids3
on 1/15/12 8:41 am
 I just got my surgery date last Friday! It is set for February 16th and I am so excited! I had my first weigh in on December 28 which was when I weighed 298 pounds. Since then I have lost 19 pounds and have 11 more to lose before my surgery. I am so excited!! I am still looking for patients of Dr. Clarke's to chat with or just correspond with. Any support is greatly appreciated :))
Susan12803
on 2/6/12 8:41 am - NY
You'll do great. Their practice is very supportive and the case coordinators are awesome. Good luck.

lovemykids3
on 2/6/12 9:46 am
 Thank you Susan! I love my sase coordinator Alicia. She's great! They all have been very supportive and friendly. I am just starting to get a little nervous because my surgery is only about 10 days away. Anything to help me relax and not be so nervous would be great! :)
Susan12803
on 2/7/12 4:51 am - NY
I think just being prepared for what happens calmed me a lot. You will be so thirsty, but that's because you are being told what you can and cannot drink, how much etc. You will have that feeling of OH my god, did i do the wrong thing?? We all have that feeling, it's ok, it's normal and will go away. I found that I could tolerate hot fluids better cold, there fore i drank more if it was hot tea, or bouillion. Measuring things at first is good. You'll get the hang of it. Buy some sugar free popsicles for when you get home from hospital, they come in handy. Use this site as often as possible, read old posts and you'll see we all have a lot of the same questions. I live in South Glens Falls, so if you need a friend, send me a message, and we can get together. Good luck.

lovemykids3
on 2/7/12 9:38 am
 oh my gosh! You only live in Sough Glens Falls!! I live in Hudson Falls! Did you go to the last support group meeting at the Ramada in Queensbury?? I think I will really need someone to help support me after the surgery, someone that has had the procedure and has gone through it. I can't believe you are so close!! Are you on facebook?? If you are, my name is Kelly Philhower Randall- look me up! Or email me at [email protected]. Please!! I am just afraid of that feeling after the surgery too. My husband will be there and supports me 100% but I think it will be easier if I have someone else that has had it done to talk to as well. I always drink with my meals which is something I am concerned about after the surgery. I think it will be very had for me to not drink. But I love hot tea so I will keep your tips in mind. Thank you for all your help and tips- keep'em coming :) ~Kelly
Susan12803
on 2/8/12 4:22 am - NY
I am on facebook, also you can email me at [email protected] .

lovemykids3
on 2/7/12 9:41 am
 Also, one more quick question- is you;r little meter on here right? How much have you lost all together since your procedure?
Susan12803
on 2/8/12 4:20 am - NY
The meter is total weight lost, so I lost 25 before surgery and 35 after for a total of 60. I have 59.6 lbs to go to my goal of 140. If you go to the tools page, you can make the same avatar. you can also do your body measurments and keep track of them also.

Most Active
Recent Topics