Post-Op Pain

Susan12803
on 11/12/11 11:03 pm - NY
How bad is the pain on the day of discharge? I may have to drive myself home unbeknownst to the hospital, and If I don't take any painmeds the day of discharge, will I physically be able to do this? I know better but I am running out of options for transportation.

jdm511
on 11/13/11 7:57 am - Ballston spa, NY
YOU CAN NOT DRIVE YOURSELF HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. P. will have you on some very strong IV pain killers until shortly  before you leave the hospital.  You will not be able to drive for at least a week, it may have been even two weeks before I was cleared to drive.  You may even fall asleep on the ride home, you will not be any shape to drive, you will be much less alert than if you drank 5 Long Island Ice Teas. 

Please Please Please make sure you have someone to drive you home or maybe take a taxi.  The pain was not that bad for me, but it will be several days at home before you feel up to taking care of yourself.

Jim

Susan12803
on 11/13/11 8:32 am - NY
found a ride home, now just need to find a ride there. just wish the damn dmv would send hubby's license asap. cab ride is 75 bucks, which is a lot when only one of us is working.

jdm511
on 11/14/11 7:01 am - Ballston spa, NY
Feel much better knowing you have someone to drive you home.

Good Luck
Susan12803
on 11/14/11 7:25 am - NY
got both ways covered. worst case scenario, there is always a cdta bus. lol

debbie13
on 11/15/11 12:26 pm - Cossayuna, NY
 Whew, glad you got that worked out. Had me terrified for a moment there. 

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Susan12803
on 11/28/11 6:26 am - NY
All rides are arranged. Today is my last day on medifast. clear liquids tomorrow. Let me just say, this magnesium citrate tastes like ass mixed with **** just sayin.
Most Active
Recent Topics