5 year surgiversary tomorrow

Amy C.
on 5/1/11 12:42 am - Old Chatham, NY
Hi OH friends,
I do not check in as regularly as I would like, but tomorrow is my 5 year surgiversary and I just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is fairing. Surgery precipitated many painful but good changes in my life. I got a divorce, obtained a master's degree and a new career as a Nurse Practitioner, and survived some medical scares that resolved well. I also regained 45 of the 130 lbs that I lost. I just rejoined Weigh****cher's, and it's slowly dripping off (like a leaky faucet....) but it didn't come on fast, so I guess I won't lose it fast. It's easy to think that you're invincible after surgery and such drastic weight loss, but the weight will creep on the same way it did initially, so to all those pre-ops and fresh post-ops: Stay as mindful as you possibly can. Stay active and healthy.
Peace out,
Amy
Open RNY 05/02/06 with Dr. Carl Rosati, Albany Medical Center
301/170/goal 160? Abdominoplasty on 8/21/07 with Dr. Jerome Chao, Albany Medical Center
lisalcj13
on 5/1/11 9:22 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hi Amy,
 congrats on your 5 year surgiversary!  4/14/11 made 3 years for me. I've gained about 17 pounds and i am freaking out! your words of wisdom are very helpful to me.

take care,
 Lisa
Amy C.
on 5/1/11 10:10 am - Old Chatham, NY
Hey Lisa,
Congrats on your 3 years. It's easy to regain, I guess you don't realize *HOW EASY* until you're watching the numbers slowly creep up, but staying mindful is good not only for good health, but for a more sane and satisfying life....don't freak out...just stay mindful.

Amy
Open RNY 05/02/06 with Dr. Carl Rosati, Albany Medical Center
301/170/goal 160? Abdominoplasty on 8/21/07 with Dr. Jerome Chao, Albany Medical Center
Most Active
Recent Topics