Hello NY!

dreamcatchers
on 4/26/11 10:44 pm - South Glens Falls, NY
Hello friends!

I have not been on here in FOREVER!

I have missed the boards and feel I need to get back on the wagon!

I have been doing great except am up 3.5 lbs and find that old habits are back! So before it gets out of hand I thought it would be best to surround myself with all you wonderful people!!

So how has everyone been??
Clue me in on things like.....
total weight loss
weight gain
sweet treats (where I am eating too much of)

and how about your favorite protein? I am looking for some
5 day pouch test
and wahtever else has been happening!

Nice to be back!
Lisa
Father Don
on 4/27/11 12:46 am - Charleston, SC
Welcome back. 

While 3.5 pounds is not a huge gain, I can understand your worry.  We all wonder - will it stop there, or have I "broken" this tool I've been given.....

Remember, every doctor says that at the low point, we will gain 10-20% of the loss amount of weight bac****il out body reaches it's "set-point".

But I applaud your efforts to stay where you are at and comfortable!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Trish6660
on 4/29/11 6:19 am - Long Island, NY
I can totally relate to this issue, things have been quite disastrous for me lately.  I have SO much chaos in my life and this could be some of the reason why the pounds are creaping back into my life.  Yes, the old habits do return.  I have been trying just to be more mindful of it, to make better selections if I must eat and then not beat myself up over my mistakes.   Try to journal your thoughts and feelings, food items throughout the day, you'll catch the pattern.  I've been keeping a journal since way before my surgery on my life in general. 

I heard you can get an upper endoscopy if you really want to see if the pouch was done correctly or is stretching out.  I'm starting to believe that my surgeon did not do the job correctly. 
MikeyMike
on 4/29/11 10:23 pm - New York, NY
Hi Lisa,

Nice to hear from you again. It's great that you're keeping an eye on your weight. 3.5 is easier to deal with than 30

I'm doing well. Still trying to figure out where my body wants to be as far as a final weight. I'm just along for the ride. My Dr. said my body will know when to stop.

Other than that I'm just taking it day by day.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Most Active
Recent Topics