Has anyone gone through Oband?

Tiffani G.
on 12/15/11 3:17 am - Las Vegas, NV
I'm planning on having VSG and have been going through them to meet all my insurance requirements.  I haven't heard alot about them so I was just curious.
mendez2011
on 12/15/11 4:46 am - CA
Tiffani G.
on 12/15/11 6:24 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for responding. :)

The same thing happened to me.  I called SWLC and had the seminar there and then Barbie is the one that called me after my insurance verification.  Basically, I am free to choose any surgeon I want to, however, if I use a surgeon through them I will have very little out of pocket cost.  If I go back to Dr. Soong or Dr. Atkinson, I will have approximately $3000 out of pocket.  I haven't met the surgeon yet, but I believe it will be Dr. Lyass out of their LA office.  He comes to Vegas twice a month.  He also has his own bariatric practice and seems to be very qualified.

I just don't hear alot about them, so I was curious what experiences other people have had.
mendez2011
on 12/15/11 6:34 am - CA
Tiffani G.
on 12/15/11 12:20 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 I have BCBS-TX.  I think my out of pocket cost is high because of my deductible.  

I had my EGD at that surgery center and I liked all the nurses there alot.  I don't feel pushed into it.  Barbie said that I could choose any surgeon I wanted.  But I will check it out.  

Thanks for the info. :)

ThisTimeIsIt
on 3/12/12 7:03 am - NV
I have my surgery scheduled with them for April and so far I am super happy with them.  Out of pocket is very low (which makes this an affordable option for me) 

Quite a few people I work with have gone thru them for their sleeves with no complications so I feel I am making the right choice.
Tiffani G.
on 3/12/12 8:05 am - Las Vegas, NV
I did have my sleeve done through Oband on 1/27/12 and so far everything has gone really well.  I'm down 59 lbs total.  33 lbs pre op (6 month medically supervised diet, per Ins. Requirements) and 26 lbs post op.  :)

Most Active