Protein shots?

leaden
on 12/25/12 11:02 pm - Yarmouth Co. , Canada

Hey all.. I have been doing some research and am trying to get ready for surgery ( which is on Jan.17th ;) ! ) some people online 

are saying protein shots for extra protein are good and some are saying they are not .. have you ever used them and what are 

your thoughts.. any comment appreciated ! thanks.

JoyceSen
on 12/25/12 11:10 pm - Canada

i have never used protein shots so I cannot comment. I'm pleased to hear your appointment is so soon.  My one-on-one is on Jan 8.  How long did you wait between your appt and surgery?

The holidays are presenting a great challenge with staying on track.

leaden
on 12/27/12 11:13 am - Yarmouth Co. , Canada

Hi =) My one/one was on October 9th - my appointment with dr. E was on November 2nd, pre op Jan.3rd and surgery booked for January 17th. I am very pleased with how fast everything went. 

JoyceSen
on 1/1/13 8:10 am - Canada

Good luck with everything this week. I am a little worried as I have not done well over the holidays but will be back on track tomorrow. Here's to new looks and lives for 2013

leaden
on 1/24/13 3:20 am - Yarmouth Co. , Canada

I am SLEEVED !! a few after surgery complications but I am alive and well and home to heal =) 

auntieRhonda
on 2/20/13 6:21 am - Sydney, Canada

Hi there :) I will be heading to Mexico since I recently found out that my Dr. didn't send the referral through to Columbia Health 4 years ago like he said he would. I was waiting all that time and decided to call to see where I was on the list when I found out that I wasn't even on it. Anyway, now I have to take matters into my own hands and am going to try to go to Mexico. The reason I am contacting you is that you mentioned after surgery complications. Would you mind telling me what kind of complications you faced and how you got passed them ?

leaden
on 2/20/13 10:41 am - Yarmouth Co. , Canada

I am sorry to hear that your referral was not in as expected and good luck in Mexico. I hear great things from anyone who has ever gone there. My surgery went well according to the doc and the first night , my heart rate doubled and my blood pressure dropped. They did a mri and discovered I had a bleed. I have not had my follow up appointment yet to get all the details as to why or where this happened.I had the swallow test but could not have anything just in case I had to go back into surgery . I was given blood and very high does of antibiotics. My bleed healed tself and did not have to go back into surgery.So from there, i was started on my stage 1 diet and the rest is history. I am 5 weeks out now and doing well =) 

Most Active