Hair Loss?

Misty G.
on 1/12/04 12:09 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi all, I have learned some stuff about hair loss and how to minimize it...NEVER comb your hair when it is wet, that is the time it is weakest, and take this stuff called Biotin, it is a B vitamin that is good for hair and skin...Hope this helps, I am going bald, slowly, and it is upsetting every day! Good luck, Misty
shcarrigan
on 1/15/04 12:13 am - la center, wa
Hi Misty! Are you here yet??? I know what you mean about going bald slowly. I have had to clean my brush every day for the last 4 months it is finally slowing down and it is finally starting to grow back! woo hoo. Hang in there I'm 6 1/2 months out. I hope your trip to the land of enchantment goes smoothly! Sarinda
ndorsett
on 1/24/04 8:15 am - Kingsland, TX
Misty I totally understand about the hair loss. By the time I was six months post-op, I was almost bald in the front. Because I had acid reflux and was unable to drink protein drinks, my protein levels fell way below normal and as a result, my hair fell out. Finally, I found that eating beef jerky, I could get plenty of protein and satisfy my craving for salt. Now after 18 months, I have a full head of hair. It came back in curly and a different color, but I have hair. The only thing about the beef jerky, you have to be careful about the sodium, especially if you are one to retain water. I'm writing from Texas, but I lived in NM for 40 years. Best of Luck Natalie
Most Active