INS FRUSTRATION!!!!!

rodeogirl4life
on 5/18/10 3:39 am

K all you NM peeps...what insurance did you use to pay for your surgery???  I have BC/BS of NM, but it's private ins and WLS is an exclusion.  I do no qualify for medicaid.  I have not found a wad of cash laying around...what else do I do?  HELP!!!

kellymb
on 5/19/10 1:51 pm - Albuquerque, NM
I had United Health Care.  And if I understood what I heard recently, Medicaid no longer covers bariatric surgery in NM. 
Trish_S
on 5/20/10 3:24 am
I also heard that Medicaid is no longer covering weight loss surgery in New Mexico, due to the budget crisis. 
kat87120
on 5/25/10 10:04 pm - Albuquerque, NM
I have BC/BS of NM...  took a bit of battle but they did approve my vertical sleeve surgery, however (and that's a big however), that was two years ago and with the economy problems and such I'm sure they have tightened their authorizations.  Good luck and don't give up!

Katherine

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

cowgrl53
on 6/2/10 11:28 pm - NM
I had lovelace and they paid all of it except for my deductable.

Yea!!!!!!!!

Cowgrl
Get support in the Phentermine forums!

rodeogirl4life
on 6/3/10 5:42 am
Lovelace?  Now is that through Medicaid?  How can I find an insurace company to pay for it?  Start calling?  Who do I call?
JC H.
on 6/10/10 4:58 am - albuquerque, NM
I had medicaid, but now they are not paying for the surgery at this time. I was lucky before the date they stop paying for it.
Most Active