Please help, seriously

oliveoil
on 7/12/09 5:27 am
I have exhausted my appeal process and I am now ready to seek new employment with a company that covers WLS. I will work anywhere. Really anywhere. Please let me know which companies in the Albuquerque area are covering WLS. Thank you so much!!
ahart250
on 7/12/09 4:37 pm - Los Lunas, NM
Wish I could help. Lovelace Health Plan isn't covering WLS anymore.  Good Luck!
Donald J.
on 7/13/09 12:56 am
Hi my name is Donald i work for turbocare wich is a company ownded by siemens electric. our insurance covers wls and i am currently looking for a doc in NM to consult and do surgery asap. dont know if siemens has any bussinessses in alb. but hope this helps.donald(505)516-4288
fairy_kissez
on 7/16/09 1:12 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi Donald thought that you would want to know that there are currently no Dr's that do surgery here. The closest Dr's are in TX and AZ. My Doc is in TX and he is a wonderful surgeon.

Also I think that Walmart carries insurance that covers WLS plus I know it may take awhile but with Obama's new health plan you can apply for state coverage, its $35 a month and most everything is a $7 co pay and surgery co-pay I think is like $30. Hope this helps. Here is the link to get more information about the state coverage insurance.

http://www.insurenewmexico.state.nm.us/SCIHome.htm

Jennifer

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Donald J.
on 7/20/09 11:49 pm
hey thanks for response, my responses come slow becouse I use computer at work, sometimes too busy to remember.  my ins. does cover wls but like you said there is NOONE in NM performing surgery.  I'm currently talking to a dr in fort collins co I dont know where or when im ghonna have surgery, but this last month I've been eatingg less drinking more water and I've gained 10 pounds (388) so somethings gotta change. 
phpmom2four
on 7/23/09 8:39 am - Albuquerque, NM
I just spoke to Customer Care at Lovelace Health Plan and they are still covering WLS.  I was told that the only changes they made to benefits is that it is now mandatory to have 6 months of a doctor supervised weight loss effort and that there is no longer exceptions made to this requirement.

ahart250
on 7/25/09 6:04 am - Los Lunas, NM

Thanks, maybe things have changed. The exclusion was specifically for the employees of the hospital with Lovelace Health Plan. I'll call them first thing Monday!!

Thanks again

fairy_kissez
on 7/24/09 4:02 am - Albuquerque, NM
so Lovelace is asking for six more months of dieting on top of having to prove a history of diet failures? Well that does not seem to be fair at all. I hear people talk about the big fights that they have had with the insurance companies and it makes me feel kinda guilty that my fight was not so bad.

Jennifer

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

hopingintx
on 7/25/09 3:37 pm
I was just on the DS  surgical forum message board and they were discussing part time jobs that had ins. friendly to WLS.  They named Starbucks, Home Depot, Rite-Aid, and Target.  If your other  job doesn't work out, you might like to investigate these.  Good Luck, NS
Ms Understood
on 8/4/09 4:16 am - NM
 I know how you feel, it took me many different tries and 6 years to finally get my DS. But it WAS so worth it!! I got a job with Sbux, and my H worked for Hyatt who also had Aetna which covered WLS (three different types).  PM me if you need more info. There are many jobs in ABQ that do have insurance that cover WLS. Do your research, and don't give up. I reached a normal BMI at 9 months and life has been amazing!

HW 316/ SW 285/ CW 151/ GW 150
                                                   5'9
Most Active