New Comer

newfie-mama
on 2/9/12 3:08 am - St. John's, Canada
 Hello I am a new comer to the board. I have read all the wonderful stuff you have said about Dr. Pace and his staff which is comforting and also that there is a Newfoundland link too.

Well my roller coaster ride started on Jan 23/12 when I went in for my B12 needle and I mentioned about the fluid I was having issue with only to be put on the scale to find out that I had gained yet again. I had put on another 10 pounds since Nov. This proved to be frustrating for me as I eat very healthy 1/2 plate with veggies/ 1/4 plate with meat and so forth and rarely snacks and I do very little junk. However I am at a job that has me leashed to a bed for 8 hours a day.

I have a sever back issue that affects me from walking any amount of time and I am no longer able to go to the gym because of the pain. Two disks and sciatic and arthritis, no fun what so ever. I miss my prior life of beening very active and going for walks and kayaking. The meds they have put me on has also caused weight gain too.

I suffer from fibro which can be so painful in its self and exhausting. I am such a light sleeper its not funny a bird could walk accross the floor my husband says and I would wake up. I have asthma but am lucky its in contol.

To top this mess off when I went to the doctor that day she sent me for lab work up and only to find my cholesterol is gone up yet again and got the warning if it didn't drop with in the next 10 years I could have a heart attack.

We then spoke about the bariatric sleve surgery glad that my husband and oldest daughter was with me. We all felt it was time for the drastic step as no matter how hard I tried nothing was working. I just want to be healthy again and to be able to walk and chase my grandbaby. And not have the sever back pain as I know if the weight comes down the the pressure lessens on my back and knees. My goal is tot some day do the Joints in motion.

Phew well then that was alot off my chest. A couple of questions. How long after your referrel went in from the family doc did it take to see Dr. Pace and this meeting that I have seen some of you talk about does that happen just before the surgery or after the initial appt with Dr. Pace.
Mary C.
on 2/10/12 9:06 pm - Glovertown, Canada
 Hi - there - there is a facebok group that most everyone uses for keeping in touch and I'm sure you will probably find it of great help. I think most folks wanted a bit more privacy - so they started the facebook group.

Just go on facebook and search for a group called "Bariatric Surgery Support Group of NL

You should have no trouble finding it. Then just ask to be addd as a friend and presto! All the info you need and any support you nee will be right there. Good Luck-
Mary

TerrieNL
on 2/12/12 9:25 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=621271287

you cannot find the group like that Mary because it's private. Nobody
except group members can see it. Anyone wanting to join can click
my link above and send me a friend request. Let me know that you
want to join the group. Terrie Cox
  Terrie         
Mary C.
on 2/12/12 11:18 pm - Glovertown, Canada
 Thanks for th tip Terrie - I believe I steered someone in the wrong direction before doing that! 

Most Active